Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Hatton-Michael Katsidis in Play For Novemebr 24

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem with this fight at all. Make it happen.

Comment

hatton pulling a canelo..lol

Comment

For my American friends, remember England & Australia have a great, friendly, sporting rivalry (well maybe not so friendly for some) and Mick has knocked out every English fighter he's fought.

Plus there are over 100,000 Aussies living in the UK.

This is a brilliant piece of matchmaking (if true) & I am well chuffed about it.

Katsidis is well shop worn but Hatton is a recovering junkie, alcoholic who lost 2 of his last 3 by knockout....

And I love them both

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Wtf? Who do you expect him to fight?
          Dmitry Mikhaylenko 14 -0 with 4KOs (A real Welterweight)

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
            hatton pulling a canelo..lol
            No way!! Hatton hasn't fought in in over 3 years & Katsidis is NOT an easy fight, especially to make a come back after being out of the ring for so long..

Comment

I love this fight so hard.

Welcome back, Hitman

Comment

Good stuff. Two more tune-ups and I would love to see him vs Maidana

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
                  Dmitry Mikhaylenko 14 -0 with 4KOs (A real Welterweight)
                  Who?????

Hatton isn't even a real welterweight himself. Its his first fight in over 3 years and Katsidis is a guy with a name who comes to fight. Its a pretty good choice by all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    I'll watch it.... kinda wish Katsidis would retire though
                    Well, hopefully he'll be able to with a decent payday from this fight. We all know Kats is one of the most deserving fighters of this generation to be getting a major league payday, especially in comparison to some other ****head fighters that were getting millions and doing jack****....Broner, Berto etc come to mind.

If he can leave the sport soon with reasonable mental faculties and lots of cash (cause he hasn't done well in that area unfortunately) from this one fight, I'll be happy for him and glad he's finished.

I don't really like this fight. Too many guys these days are going even further with tune up fights by not only taking guys who are well past it, or never even made it, but they are very often starting to just drag up much smaller guys from divisions well below the one they are fighting at. I don't like that. Despite the lay-off, Hatton should be much too big for him. Kats is done sadly.

He nearly got knocked out by some hack with Malignaggi-like punch power in his last fight and just looked shot. Hatton is less shot than Katsidis. He's lost 4 of his last 5 and his last real win was over two years ago.

I'm still glad that he should, let's hope anyway, get a good packet from it.
                    Last edited by BennyST; 09-22-2012, 10:15 PM.

Comment

wow sure came out from nowhere! if this comes through then ricky def not taking it easy, he is no boxer/mover so kats will prolly give him some trouble. just not sure abt their in ring size but looks as if hatton by a bit, i think. man,forget abt the past record they come to fight thats for sure. and suffice to say im a BIG fan of both.

Comment

Working...
                      X