Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better fight/Better Legacy? Ward-Dawson/Martinez-Chavez JR?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better fight/Better Legacy? Ward-Dawson/Martinez-Chavez JR?

Which will be the better fight? Which are you most looking forward too? Which fight do you think could help define ones legacy when we look back at one of these fighters as maybe one of the best in our sports history?

Ward vs Dawson is a huge deal since its #1 Light Heavyweight vs #1 Super Middleweight. Ward is pretty much undisputed. especially since froch. laid out bute. The only people still out there for him to beat are the dirrel. brothers. Froch and Kessler would be good rematches but should fight it out to earn it hopefully bum ass bute doesn't get in the way nobody needs that rematch just enjoy bute get KTFO again? Dawson just beat THE MAN which makes him the man Ala Jermaine Taylor but he still hasn't avenged Pascal and Cloud is still out there wasting away his career holding a belt hostage. Now its more a mess that he didn't fight Pascal but this is still a huge fight with HUGE P4P implications. Its just not the most attractive fight on paper but I swear Ward reminds me of younger hopkins with less power so it could look like hopkins-taylor fights which were decent scraps. Wishful thinking here!?

Besides the b-c level sturms, Barker, geales of the world and Golovokin and Pirog still young and raw but prime to step up soon, this is Martinez biggest challenge since pavlik and Williams. Pirog and Golovokin are the only one of them eurofrauds that actually could be great. Thankfully they will arrive soon but for now Chavez is the biggest challenge with his size youth body punching and strength to push Martinez's aging body to the limit but Chavez has never faced anybody of Martinez caliber yet so this is an extremely interesting fight that promises fireworks with Chavez's relentless body attack and Martinez's lethal counter combinations hell need to keep Chavez off. A win for Chavez would be HUGE and be a huge asset to his legacy moving forward eventually up in weight whereas Martinez would beat a young prime fighter who could still move on to do big things Ans look better with time plus it'd be another example of his pure dominance over this era.
    Chavez-Martinez better fightbetter legacy
    35.29%
    Ward-Dawson better fight better legacy
    64.71%

Ward vs Dawson.

Even as good as the match is with Martinez vs Chavez, Chavez is just an overly hyped fighter that has been protected by Bob Arum who openly admitted to this.

Both are great match ups but Ward Dawson are both top fighters in their respeted weight classes where as Chavez was handed a title.

Ward is proven, Dawson is proven, Martinez is proven.. Chavez, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Gucci Mane
      Man the fact that Ward is fighting Chad at 168 is killing it for me.

I'm usually not the type to throw salt on a fight like that but when was the last time Chad fought at that weight?
      yeah that's true if Dawson looks slow and sluggish it definitely wont be as epic for Ward. Hopefully Chad brings a fight and makes it a good fight so it doesn't look like a pointless fight.

the other thing is if Martinez doesn't score a knockout or a few. knockdowns I can't see him winning a decision. What a terrible year it'd be for boxing for pac to get robbed, Alvarez wasting away against Mosley and a junior welterweight, with rigo, Kirkland and gamboa out all year with contract desputes then Ward vs Dawson ends up a shhhiiitttyy fight and Martinez gets robbed then so does Marquez again against pac. Only Cotton could save the year by knocking out bum ass Ginger.

Comment

Ward/Dawson is elite vs elite. Martinez/Chavez Jr is A level fighter vs B+ fighter. However the circumstances surrounding this fight make it more appealing to me.

Comment

I don't know man he was protected I use to hate Chavez but he stepped up against rubio and Lee who I think are as tough if not tougher then those bums overseas. Pirog is nice but he's wasting away from that huge Jacobs upset fighting club fighters who are. to scared to fight back making his fights look ugly. The division is thin as it is if anybody earned there shot its chavez.

His body punching is a thing of beauty even if that's the only thing good he got from daddy besides just the last name.

Comment

Ward - Dawson. But.. I dint have Dawson being as good as Ward.. Which is where Chavez jr is against Martinez. The dawson-ward fight is significant in terms of legacy and ranking..the martinez-chavez is significant for the sport if that makes sense.

When its all said and done thiugh..the winner of each fight is going to be better for it. If Dawson and Chavez win, which most dont expect to (as the bigger guys..how odd) they gain more than Martinez (with a win) and Ward (cuz of weight). Dawson and Chavez have so much to gain. Ward loses and he can still toss out the size excuse and has froch to fall back on...Martinez could be ruined with a loss lol. They got a lot to lose

Comment

Ward would lose his belts...that is the risk of the fight being at his weight. If Dawson loses, he is STILL LHW champ, and people would consider it a fluke, or a weight drain if he did lose, at least his diehards will so what risk does he really run by taking this fight?

Comment

To me, Dawson and Chavez have the most to gain from winning.

If Ward beats Dawson, it's just going to be a solid win for him, because it's happening at 168. If Ward were fighting him at 175, it'd mean a lot more. If Dawson beats him, he's winning a 2nd lineal title and beating one of the top fighters in the world right now at his weight.

If Sergio beats Chavez, it's going to be a good win over a Top MW, but lots will say Julio was just over hyped. Sergio is far and away the better fighter, but Julio does have solid wins over Zbik, Rubio, and Lee, and is one of the top MW's. But if Julio beats Sergio, he's beating one of the Top 3 fighters in the world, and the guys who's been the best MW for the past 2 years or so.

Comment

Working...
                X