Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else not buying this new Mayweather nice guy act?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
    The character you portray is an extension of yourself. If you're willing to put yourself out there like that, and act a fool, then that says something about you.

I don't buy this whole, "it's just an act" nonsense. Obviously in private, I'm sure he's not AS crazy as he seems, but he's obviously somewhat like the persona he portrays.

Listen to his interviews with radio hosts, and interviews where he has roid rage episodes. The guy isn't some laid back, down to earth type of guy. He's a male diva. Simple and plain.

But ay, I'm not knocking his hustle. I watch his fights, and that's all.
    Best post of the thread

Comment

I really doubt that HBO told him to become the person that made him sell fights. He was always about putting bums on seats from the day he went pro.

He just matured that's all... as logically anyone (probably besides Broner at this point) would do.

Comment

Floyd has always been a good guy.

Comment

Losing his freedom partly, getting older and wiser, setting a better example for his kids, and making a calculated business decision to brand himself as a genuine home grown USA champ are all playing a part in why Floyd is more mature with his persona.

You have to understand CBS demographic is almost 60% Women with 75% of the viewing base being over 25. He's not just marketing himself to the average young dumb mutha****as like some of you who like to troll this site and hate anymore, but to people in households grossing 50k or more a year and actually grew up following the sport and are college educated, minus the endless hate and propaganda spewed from a computer.

Floyd is appealing to the sports essence of true boxing fans, and not Internet fanboys.
          Last edited by The Raw Dog; 05-15-2013, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X