No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Sillakh - CompuBox Historical Review

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kovalev-Sillakh - CompuBox Historical Review

Sergey Kovalev, working behind an effective jab (8 landed per round), landed 44% of his power shots, while throwing 19 more punches per round than the 175-lb avg. Opponents (Cleverly, Campillo, White) too preoccupied with incoming fire, landed just 2 power shots per round and just 8 total punches per round-less than jalf the 175-lb avg. Ismayl Sillakh landed 10 jabs per round (vs. Grachev, Piternov, Williams)- he'll need that stick to hold off the hard-charging Kovalev.

[Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, the stats really don't favor Sillakh at all. I pretty much took away from those the fact that Kovalev's throws so many power punches that his opponent's get gunshy and Sillakh's best punch is the jab. I don't think a jab alone will be enough to keep Kovalev at bay and Sillakh will take heavy punishment until the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      Yeah, the stats really don't favor Sillakh at all. I pretty much took away from those the fact that Kovalev's throws so many power punches that his opponent's get gunshy and Sillakh's best punch is the jab. I don't think a jab alone will be enough to keep Kovalev at bay and Sillakh will take heavy punishment until the stoppage.
      The stats don't show their opponents stats, though. Sillakh has hardly ever been hit inthere. That's a factor, his defense. THough his chin is glass

Comment

At least we will see a few ko's tonight-hopefully not early stoppages or 1st round ko's....I like seeing it go a few rounds at least-lol

Comment

Working...
        X