Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any US citizens would rather live somewhere else ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any US citizens would rather live somewhere else ?

I know this site is mostly US guys, and you are rightfully proud to be Americans.

But over here (in Australia) we hear story after story about people left behind by your seemingly unforgiving quest for a pure capitalist society.

I grew up until 15 in the UK and would never ever swap my life to go go back there because of the oppotunities i have been given here.

Still in sport im always England and always will be, but dam How can your defend the **** that goes on there ?

Yes I would love to live in austrailia

Only reason I'm not there is because I don't have the means to just move there

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
      I know this site is mostly US guys, and you are rightfully proud to be Americans.

But over here (in Australia) we hear story after story about people left behind by your seemingly unforgiving quest for a pure capitalist society.

I grew up until 15 in the UK and would never ever swap my life to go go back there because of the oppotunities i have been given here.

Still in sport im always England and always will be, but dam How can your defend the **** that goes on there ?

i love capitalism. theres nothing wrong with it on paper. it's essentially a competition, or a race. let the horses run.

you need a benevolent force guiding it, and that's what's been missing. the force that guides it are generally the people at the top

america has accomplished a good deal. the rest of the world loses sight of that.

there's plenty that my country does of which i am not proud, though, and nobody but a bigot will tell you otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        Yes I would love to live in austrailia

Only reason I'm not there is because I don't have the means to just move there
        Dude its the ****!.

Girls like Michelle Jenneke just wonder the streets and we play the worlds best game. see below

Where are your from ? what do you do ? Aus is always looking for peeps!

But this thread is more about the US and whether they live with the supposed homeless and needy that are there.

Comment

Capitalism is the only way to roll.

I plan to live/work abroad after I get my masters degree, but will no doubt return. I hate a lot that goes on in America, as people in any country probably do, but there's no place like it and I wouldn't switch with anyone.

People in America have access to a lot of program and assistance, but overall it comes down to culture clashes that come from living in a melting plot like the USA. There's no place like it and it has a lot of unique problems. No one said life is fair or easy, and as bad as you have it you have to be thankful, because if you live in the USA and have access to things like 911 and food stamps you still have it better than so many other people in the world.
          Last edited by paulf; 10-27-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I'd love to move to Japan, Australia, or Mexico. Any one of those places would be ideal for me.

Comment

I'm not sure whether you're trolling or are simply misinformed, but the US has been moving away from a "pure" capitalist society for some time now. Whereas China, and to a lesser extent Australia, have experienced phenomenal growth by opening up their markets, we have decided to go the other way (with predictable results.)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-po...b_1891240.html

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                Capitalism is the only way to roll.

I plan to live/work abroad after I get my masters degree, but will no doubt return. I hate a lot that goes on in America, as people in any country probably do, but there's no place like it and I wouldn't switch with anyone.

People in America have access to a lot of program and assistance, but overall it comes down to culture clashes that come from living in a melting plot like the USA. There's no place like it and it has a lot of unique problems. No one said life is fair or easy, and as bad as you have it you have to be thankful, because if you live in the USA and have access to things like 911 and food stamps you still have it better than so many other people in the world.
                Is this true tho? i mean food stamps ?

I mean if im dead poor, but im reasonable clever ( not a genius) how do i get to go to Uni in the Us? if my parents are poor?average ?

There has to be a way out for everyone surely ? because there is here .

Comment

Is this true tho? i mean food stamps ?

I mean if im dead poor, but im reasonable clever ( not a genius) how do i get to go to Uni in the Us? if my parents are poor?average ?

There has to be a way out for everyone surely ? because there is here .
                  Well if you're poor and want to go to college here in America, you could always borrow the money from your parents.

Comment

lol wut...

Comment

Working...
                    X