Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has always been my personal theory.

Fear of change seems to go hand in hand with ignorance & stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by AKATheMack View Post
      Im not saying people should embrace their prejudices, but they're the product of evolution. Without a pack mentality **** sapiens would have never survived, we're programmed to stick with what is comfortable to us and to be wary of those who are different. Its a fear of the unknown, its the reason why the most prejudiced people are usually from the most highly segregated areas. Its not necessarily that these people aren't intelligent, but they are ignorant about the people the prejudice is directed towards.
      In a way it's true.
      But we are not slaves to our genes.
      Nurture has as much of a role in being racist.

I have seen kids run in fear and cry when they have seen my black skin and some come right up to me with a smile.

There is a study they made on mountain goats and sheep.

They took a infant mountain goats and let them grow up with a sheep mother and a sheep herd.

When they are reintroduced into mountain goat population they are not attracted to other mountain goats but rather to sheeps, socially and sexually.

It's the same with humans.
      If you grow up around with people of other ethnicities you humanize them rather than fear them and see them as threats.

like my class mates little brother who had never seen a black person automatically though of me as dangerous simply because he had enver seen a black person or been around.

First time I met him, he cried like a baby hid behind his sister.
      The next time he came up and hugged me.

Comment

A think a good point has been brought up, in the case of stupidity vs ignorance.

Ignorance is not always a bad thing. I'm ignorant on women's fashion.

But I'm not stupid. I would look bad in women's clothes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          A think a good point has been brought up, in the case of stupidity vs ignorance.

Ignorance is not always a bad thing. I'm ignorant on women's fashion.

But I'm not stupid. I would look bad in women's clothes.
          Pics or GTFO

Comment

This study didn't exactly blow the lid off of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
              Pics or GTFO
              Lmaaaoooooo. Green.

Just take my word for it, big folks.

Comment

These people will stop at nothing, they are getting desperate. First race didnt exist, I guess now it does. Then the concept of 'IQ' didnt exist, now it does.

Usually things involving IQ are left out of main stream media. Wonder if Yahoo will pick up any more IQ studies(maybe about how blacks score so low), I wont hold my breath. Im going to check out the actual study. Not some opinion piece from the post. Have a feeling im going to find some interesting things to say the least. Going to check it out when I have the time.

Awesome. Cool that yahoo picked up the same Live Sceiene senior writer,Stephanie Pappas, who brought us the ground breaking, 'Why Gay Parents May Be the Best Parents'.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  Of course, any study needs to be regarded with skepticism, as no one study, or small group of studies, can be definitive.

Regarding what you say, that "academics are mostly progressive/left leaning"; when typing this did it occur to you that most academics also have above-average intelligence (as measured by things like, say, IQ tests?)

Not saying that is much confirmation of the supposed tendency either, but it does cast your comment in a slightly ironic light. But I get your point, kind of.
                  For once piggy was right. Im sure he didnt want to admit that, but it was such common sense that he had to concede the point. IQ tests dont qualify who makes US school system curriculum. Human beings with strong agendas have. In whole, its been much more of a political process the last 50 years.

Comment

I.Q., or intelligence quotient, is a score determined by standardized tests, but whether the tests truly reveal intelligence remains a topic of hot debate among psychologists.

But Nosek said less intelligent types might be attracted to liberal "simplifying ideologies" as well as conservative ones.
                    lol very strong evidence here.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
                      For once piggy was right. Im sure he didnt want to admit that, but it was such common sense that he had to concede the point. IQ tests dont qualify who makes US school system curriculum. Human beings with strong agendas have. In whole, its been much more of a political process the last 50 years.
                      What are you talking about?

Everyone knows that on average academics are left-leaning (with some exceptions).

But, I think my post sort of went over your head a little.

Comment

Working...
                      X