Question for Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GranTorino View Post
    Troll, troll, troll your boat.....
    Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily... GOD is LOVE.

"The refusal to believe in anything you can't see yourself is absurd." Richard Dawkins

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Fan View Post
      Are you a subscriber to the Richard Dawkins cult?

View the video:
      http://www.ted.com/talks/richard_daw...t_atheism.html

I feel very sorry for all his victims.

Richard Dawkins & his cult following drive yet another atheist into the arms of Christianity

Former atheist turned Christian through Dawkins’ website continues strong faith in God
      http://au.christiantoday.com/article...-god/10601.htm

It was his interest in evolution that led him to follow Richard Dawkins. Upon finding the author’s actual website, Morgan was excited to communicate with scientists and philosophers who could offer more insight into evolution.

But rather than discussing the nature of evolution in the “oasis of clear thinking,” Morgan was horrified to discover in his first forum that more than half of the people devoted their time saying rude things about believers using extremely foul language.

. . . After witnessing the discussions firsthand, the newly minted evolutionist agreed that the Internet was more a place where people could hide behind their anonymity and say rude things as a kind of therapy.

Still searching for answers however, Morgan continued to be a part of the community, drawn particularly to a discussion on David Robertson’s open letter replying to Dawkins’ first chapter of The God Delusion. Prompted to write a response to each of Dawkins’ chapters in the book, the Scottish pastor eventually compiled all the letters into a book called The Dawkins Letters.

Criticizing the book in the forums, members began to attack the letters until one day Robertson himself appeared in the discussions and began defending the points he made. “I don’t know how many hours he must have spent just replying very calmly and politely to people who were sending out the most vilest insults and criticisms,” Morgan recalled. “He just kept coming back and occasionally with a few words of Scripture thrown into his general discourse.”

. . . For several days the attacks continued, until one day someone replied that David Robertson was a liar. But Morgan throughout all of the threads had not noticed this and asked where the pastor had lied, bringing him a bout of criticisms as well.

. . . As time went on, he began to see more and more the brutality and harshness of the chats, recalling one shocking post where the site administrator had published an article about an extremist Russian prophet who tried to commit suicide when his prediction for the date of the end of the world failed to come true.

A couple of posters in response to the story regretted that the fallen prophet had failed in his attempt to put an end to his life. Stunned by the level of inhumanity, Morgan wondered how any civilized person could say they wanted to see anybody die. Writing a protestation to some form of humanity in the forums about his shock and disappointment in the members, one respected member on the site simply replied to his post with an LOL – laugh out loud.

It was then that Morgan realized he did not want to be a part of these people.

Well, who would?

. . . In his renewed experience with God, he went back on the Dawkins site and posted about his newfound faith to which many replied with vile insults and commented, “You need counseling” and “This is a temporary brain infraction.”

But now, three years later, the “temporary brain infraction” Morgan was affected with continues to persist. Morgan is still amazed and feels the love of God even more now every day, being plugged into a church, which Robertson referred him to.

“I didn’t cease to know everything I knew before and I didn’t forget everything I learned about evolution or all of a sudden lose interest. I was [just] aware of how limited it was, how it could not answer man’s deepest needs.

Precisely. Atheism, certainly of the shrivelled Dawkins’ variety, is terribly small-minded.

http://curiouspresbyterian.wordpress...-christianity/
      His experience on the Dawkins website didnt drive him into Christianity. It seems he was already a Christian.

Plus, a quote from Morgan....
      . . . After witnessing the discussions firsthand, the newly minted evolutionist agreed that the Internet was more a place where people could hide behind their anonymity and say rude things as a kind of therapy.
      You yourself Ladyfan, have admitted you come across as a religious nut on the internet, but are not 'extreme in that way' in real life.
      So you are doing exactly what made Morgan so disgusted with the Dawkins forum....u hide behind behind you anonymity, and goad people into arguments by creating threads like these.
      Look at the responses to your threads. People dont like or respect you and call you a troll.
      These arent all atheists either. Even other Christians find you irritating.
      As a 'little voice of God' you arent doing your religion or God any favours.

U dont like Dawkins....we get it. Many of us dont like the Pope, but we dont drone on about it.

Comment

And now shes blocking you Noose.

Comment

I don't care what anyone believes. Every person is wrong.

You're all just complete ****s.

Comment

Thanks Boston. Just happened to see it a few weeks ago. I thought it would make a good thread today.

"The refusal to believe in anything you can't see yourself is absurd." Richard Dawkins
            Question for Christians:

Why isn't there a single shred of evidence FOR the existence of God?

Comment

another one of these?

Comment

Seriously, has there been any study showing the correlation between IQ and atheist/religious?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                  Seriously, has there been any study showing the correlation between IQ and atheist/religious?
                  Yes, there are plenty of studies (using a variety of different measurments / methods) that support the general notion that religious people are, on average, less intelligent than atheists.

Comment

I like Dr Dawkins' books, especially his books on biology.

Comment

Convert? No, you guys hopefully have enough "life experience" to know what will work for you. I'm just a little voice in God's huge choir. Okay, I might seem like a "religious nut" here on the internet but in real life I'm not extreme in that way.
                      So what's your problem with Athiests? Is it because they don't believe in your god?

Comment

Working...
                      X