No announcement yet.

Berto’s mistake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berto’s mistake

On Monday morning, Berto wrote the following on Twitter: “R.I.P to Edwin Valero after killing his wife yesterday he just killed himself in jail today. WOW women are a [expletive] boy RIP E.V.”

The backlash against Berto, the World Boxing Council welterweight champion, was fast and furious and it wasn’t long before he deleted the Tweet and offered condolences to Valero and Viera and their families.

His comment was clearly in outrageously bad taste, particularly when referring to a murder victim.

Give Berto credit, though, for understanding that. His mother and sisters were angry at him, but he realized he had gone over the edge.

He spoke to Yahoo! Sports by telephone late Monday afternoon and said at the time he made the post, he had problems with his girlfriend and had just broken up.

“The comment was made, pretty much, in kind of the heat of a personal frustration for myself and what I was going through in my personal life with my girlfriend,” Berto said. “That comment wasn’t directed toward Jennifer at all. It was said out of frustration and I didn’t mean it that way at all. It wasn’t intentional.

“Everybody who knows me or who has been around me knows I have the utmost respect for women in general. That’s just me, that’s just my morals, that’s the way I was raised. This was a tragic situation. Someone got killed. Why would anyone make a derogatory comment?”

Berto said he learned a deep lesson and will think before he writes in the future. He’s been a good ambassador for boxing and doesn’t deserve to be turned into a villain because of one clearly inappropriate, unacceptable comment.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...xmailbag042010

FAO berto: don't just tweet the first **** that pops up in your head.

Comment

He apologized. Time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo94403 View Post
        On Monday morning, Berto wrote the following on Twitter: “R.I.P to Edwin Valero after killing his wife yesterday he just killed himself in jail today. WOW women are a [expletive] boy RIP E.V.”

The backlash against Berto, the World Boxing Council welterweight champion, was fast and furious and it wasn’t long before he deleted the Tweet and offered condolences to Valero and Viera and their families.

His comment was clearly in outrageously bad taste, particularly when referring to a murder victim.

Give Berto credit, though, for understanding that. His mother and sisters were angry at him, but he realized he had gone over the edge.

He spoke to Yahoo! Sports by telephone late Monday afternoon and said at the time he made the post, he had problems with his girlfriend and had just broken up.

“The comment was made, pretty much, in kind of the heat of a personal frustration for myself and what I was going through in my personal life with my girlfriend,” Berto said. “That comment wasn’t directed toward Jennifer at all. It was said out of frustration and I didn’t mean it that way at all. It wasn’t intentional.

“Everybody who knows me or who has been around me knows I have the utmost respect for women in general. That’s just me, that’s just my morals, that’s the way I was raised. This was a tragic situation. Someone got killed. Why would anyone make a derogatory comment?”

Berto said he learned a deep lesson and will think before he writes in the future. He’s been a good ambassador for boxing and doesn’t deserve to be turned into a villain because of one clearly inappropriate, unacceptable comment.

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_yl...xmailbag042010
        wow Berto is an ass his GF did the right thing apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          Yes, agreed. He apologized.

I think he was too comfortable with tweet and that he forgot to think first before righting something.

I know this mistake will make him more aware and be more careful next time.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
            **** you u mother focker!

Sorry I apologize! hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by uragon ako View Post
              **** you u mother focker!

Sorry I apologize! hehehe
              That was funny...

but yeah, dude should just abandon twitter, i haven't heard of a single good thing its done for a celebrity yet.

Comment

Working...
              X