No announcement yet.

Anybody own a 3D TV?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    When i was a kid i used to always want the latest technology, but when you get it, it ain't all that.

My advice, save your money till 3D has become more standardised.
    It's not really the latest technology anyway, more of a cheap gimmick. I remember as a kid they tried selling us 3D as the next big thing. Seemed to fall short, and 15+ yrs later they repackaged it and forced it down our throats. Any decent TV you buy now will have a 3D feature, but few do it right (and even then I'm still not a fan).

Comment

Dont do it, youll use it for 3 days and never again

Comment

I have one 55 inch Sony. It's ok, not all it's cracked up to be. Actually people that come over actually use it and love it but the wife and I don't use it ourselves

Comment

Let's be real all it would be good for is watching nature documentaries stoned.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
            I have the function turned off so it doesn't hit me with notifications anymore, but I believe there's options for HBO and maybe a couple other premiums. I've just never been a fan of the 3D effect, the feel of the glasses, or the fact that my 7.1 don't support it properly.
            hell no i'm not interested in wearing glasses to watch TV, last time I did that was to watch JAWS 3 in the movie theaters many decades ago
            Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            I've got 2... Both Sony, 46" and 60"... 240hz LED.

Never hooked up the 3d package though, honestly not interested. I got them because they have better processors in them than non 3d.
            it doesn't sound like its something I need then i'm gonna probably end up with out the 3D
            When i was a kid i used to always want the latest technology, but when you get it, it ain't all that.

My advice, save your money till 3D has become more standardised.
            that also crossed my mind
            Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
            I have a 3D TV. but had to pay an extra £200 over the normal Smart 42" TV.

Rarely use the 3D or SMART TV features. If I could go back, I'd just buy a bare bones FULL HD TV, they are ridiculously cheap without all the bells and whistles.
            thanks for advice
            Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            Dont do it, youll use it for 3 days and never again
            Guuuesuuuus!!! you sound just like my wife!!!

I kid you not that's exactly what she said to me Lol!

Comment

Let's be real all it would be good for is watching nature documentaries stoned.
              I HAVE played an off road racing ps3 game in 3d... now THAT was sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                I have one 55 inch Sony. It's ok, not all it's cracked up to be. Actually people that come over actually use it and love it but the wife and I don't use it ourselves
                eventually the kids will take over it and play Wii all day and I'll be sent back to my room to my regular 36"HDTV Sony

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  I HAVE played an off road racing ps3 game in 3d... now THAT was sweet.
                  My TV upgrades standard 2D to 3D. I have to admit watching Pacquiao vs Marquez 4 in 3D was pretty cool. It was so sharp and clear it felt like I was there. Still I can't really recommend 3D to anybody, I just don't use it enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    eventually the kids will take over it and play Wii all day and I'll be sent back to my room to my regular 36"HDTV Sony
                    Peasant! I have a 37" in the kitchen and had to have an extension put in just to fit the speakers!

Comment

Originally posted by K.Webster View Post
                      Peasant! I have a 37" in the kitchen and had to have an extension put in just to fit the speakers!
                      LOL I remember as a kid we used to call the 33in the "big screen"

Comment

Working...
                      X