No announcement yet.

Dariusz Michalczewski's 24 consecutive title defenses doesn't get enough praise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    He rarely was ever hit cleanly before his speed diminished a bit once it did he started getting Ko'd and remember De Valle put him down when he caught him. All signs to me point to him never having great punch resistance.

As for the Ruiz fight he really didn't put much weight on at all and some ppl like to claim it was 25lbs or so but he officially weighed in at 193 for that fight and unofficially 200, clothes could easily account for this as at HW there was no need for him to come in light so where is this weight gain the next day coming from? Also consider that at LHW its not like he was 175 in the ring but closer to 185, I suspect he only had to lose about 8 or 9 lbs to go back down.
    I know many stated that Roy was weight drained in his fight against Tarver.

That wasn't the meaning of my post when I said Roy shouldn't have fought Tarver.

I was thinking something along the lines of he's already accomplished everything and really didn't have motivation for other goals.

But I would have to give more thought into the weight argument to really give you my take on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      I know many stated that Roy was weight drained in his fight against Tarver.

That wasn't the meaning of my post when I said Roy shouldn't have fought Tarver.

I was thinking something along the lines of he's already accomplished everything and really didn't have motivation for other goals.

But I would have to give more thought into the weight argument to really give you my take on it.
      My point on the weight thing was that it just wasn't that much weight from what he normally walks around at and keep in mind he already fought and beat Tarver so it was 13 months after the Ruiz fight when Tarver ko'd him. Even after that he went down to 169 and beat Tito.

Comment

Working...
      X