Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan will beat Maidana easily in a rematch.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PandaKilla View Post
    Basically, he made a lot of mistakes, and really it only became a close fight when he got hurt.

He won 7 of the 9 rounds, plus the KD.

When he got caught, he lost 4 rounds off that.

A lot of people said 1 punch would do it, but nope.

If Khan works on holding his left hand abit mroe and walking to his right, then Maidana won't catch him.

The other issues, standing there and allowing himself to be uppercut, that also was stupid.

The running, well, Khan needs to learn how to 'run' effectively, and conserve more energy.

Everyone thinks that because of Khan's face that his career was shortened, but believe me, Maidana's the one whose career was shortened. He got hurt to the body and looked like he has ate 5 of the hottest chilli's in the world and got diarhoe, and then he took a lot of shots on his chin.

Who will have a longer career? Khan will.

Khan needs to adjust a fair few things, and he can, but Maidana only fights one way. Khan made mistakes, he will be better.

Khan, give this mofo his wish and rematch him and this time make him look like a bum.
    Khan gets hit, that fantastic body blow he landed early pay dividends thru-out the fight. I'm in for a rematch if it ever gets made
    Last edited by TOBYLEE1; 01-26-2011, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Khan wins the rematch only on the merit that he has a better skill set than Maidana. The first fight shouldn't have even been close. There's nothing amazing about Maidana's skill set. He only brings power to the table. And that's it. Hell, he doesn't even bring a good set of whiskers to the ring. So anybody with a little pop themselves have just as much a chance of ko'ing Maidana as he does to you.

This fight was a terrible barometer for Khan's improvement. If anything, he looks like he's making the mistake of falling in love with his own power. There's no reason for him at this point in his career to try to sit down on his punches the way he did in the Maidana fight. Smart combos, deliberate moving and circling (not just sprinting to the other side of the ring), and body work wins 90% of the nights for Khan because he has a remarkable skill set. His flaw in his defense will remain there as long as he has Roach in his corner. Roach's philosphy in training is basically using his fighters offense as their defense. The same looping and slow punches Khan get hit with are the same punches Roach's prized pupil get hit with. Hell, Pac even invites his opponent to hit him to jumpstart his attack (game plan).

That's why anyone with accuracy, defense (or at least a committment to it), and the ability to stick to a game plan and not get wild or try to one up their opponents moments, will beat both Khan and Pac handily.

Comment

Even without that body shot, Khan would still win the majority of the rounds. Maidana took it well, and came back well, but Khan made mistakes that canbe worked on!

Maidana doesn't hae mistakes, they are habits! Khan has habits too, but he made plenty of mistakes!

In rematches, the more skilled fighter usually comes back to win.

Paulie vs diaz!
        Srl vs duran although both highly skilled.
        Floyd vs castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by VAW-JR View Post
          I figured out who the thread starter is now. PK
          Sup bro lol yeah I got banned again lol.

Sunnu, I am on my phone so cba to reply to you, but will do tomorrow, good posts.

Comment

Working...
          X