No announcement yet.

Emanuel Steward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emanuel Steward

I just got finishd reading American Son, Oscar De La Hoyas book and he says Manny only had him trainning 4 days a week and on those days he played alot of basketball and ping pong! He said that if he felt tired Manny would just say take the day off, that was his approach with sparring too and That it didnt even feel like a trainning camp! Basically he left coz Manny wasnt working him hard enough

Ive heard about the ping pong thing too. lol

But how was the book as a whole?

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
      I just got finishd reading American Son, Oscar De La Hoyas book and he says Manny only had him trainning 4 days a week and on those days he played alot of basketball and ping pong! He said that if he felt tired Manny would just say take the day off, that was his approach with sparring too and That it didnt even feel like a trainning camp! Basically he left coz Manny wasnt working him hard enough
      I guess that explains why all of his fighters have stamina issues huh.

taylor, cintron, andy lee, etc.

Comment

What do you guys think of Emmanuel Steward as a boxing trainer?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar View Post
          Ive heard about the ping pong thing too. lol

But how was the book as a whole?
          Not the best to be honest, alot of it is about buisness pretty dull and Oscar REALLY comes across as a ***! Always crying and ****!

Comment

Originally posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
            What do you guys think of Emmanuel Steward as a boxing trainer?
            Really dont know since ive never seen him in the gym........but from the outside looking in he doesnt put his fighters through enough conditioning before the fight. He is good in between the rounds @ anaylizing what going on in the ring, but not at getting his fighters physically ready for a big fight

again this is from the outside looking in

Comment

I have the book it's pretty good. He also says that Stewart was training other fighters and that may be the reason he wasn't into the training as much as he had thought.

Also, DLH is a very hard worker in the gym but also a fighter that needs to be pushed, wants to be pushed.

He goes on to say that the main reason he thinks Floyd Sr. is the best is because he was such a drill sargent. Even waking him up in the middle of the night and making him go to the gym and work out.

Comment

Steward not Stewart, **** me.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
                  I have the book it's pretty good. He also says that Stewart was training other fighters and that may be the reason he wasn't into the training as much as he had thought.

Also, DLH is a very hard worker in the gym but also a fighter that needs to be pushed, wants to be pushed.

He goes on to say that the main reason he thinks Floyd Sr. is the best is because he was such a drill sargent. Even waking him up in the middle of the night and making him go to the gym and work out.
                  He say anything about what happend in the ring? Like anything about Mosley,Trinidad,Mayorga,Mayweather Etc. I would like to hear his real personal opinion on stuff like that, not what he says for TV.

If I ever see it somewhere im going to buy this book, also heard Teddy Atlas has a even better one out.

Comment

Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
                    Not the best to be honest, alot of it is about buisness pretty dull and Oscar REALLY comes across as a ***! Always crying and ****!
                    Yeah, I see what your saying. To be fair tho, that is what his life grew into.

Comment

Working...
                    X