Collapse
No announcement yet.

How will Mikey Garcia do at 140?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He appears to be a bit chinny but he can box, and box well. If he stays away from big bombs he can hang with the division.

Comment

He has some boxing skills so he will win on points unlike all the stoppage wins he has in the lower weight classes.

He had sparred with Pacquiao, Maidana, Rios, Valero and many more so I guess he can take the punches.

I can see Arum putting Mikey against Crawford in house fight but it is a fight I want to see..

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        He appears to be a bit chinny but he can box, and box well. If he stays away from big bombs he can hang with the division.
        I think he will be stronger at the weight. He has the frame to support it. He was throwing up for the weigh-in for the JuanMa fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
          Well, Boxrec says Mikey is as tall as Maidana, that's means he is taller than Matthysse, Broner and most of the punchers of the 140 division. you can see his size in the picture below...

I don't think his size will be the problem. I worry about his chin at 140.

Comment

This video actually surprised me when I first saw it Mikey able to push Rios back.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
              I think he will be stronger at the weight. He has the frame to support it. He was throwing up for the weigh-in for the JuanMa fight.
              Yeah, he was killing himself. Literally.

Comment

Mikey G has no business fighting at 140.

At 140 I'd pick Garcia, Matthysse, Vargas, Herrera, Peterson, Postol, Broner, Provodnikov, Algieri, Soto, Lundy, Dulorme, Perez, and Frankie Gomez to beat him.

At 135 I'd pick Crawford, Figueroa, Bey, Abril, Linares and Vazquez to beat him.

At 130 I'd pick Takashi Uchiyama to beat him

Comment

He will do good, Crawford is the only elite talent in that division (he's moved up too).

Comment

Working...
                  X