Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

years from now who ( all in prime ) will rank higher p4p RJJ, Bhop, Floyd, Manny ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
    Bernard Hopkins. His career took place in 4 different decades. He is 800 years old and is a top contender at light heavyweight.

He ruled the 160 division forever. Almost all of his losses or draws were incredibly close. The Jones loss was not close, but Roy had a decorated amateur background, as Hop didn't. The Dawson loss, bad clash of styles and Hop was 745 years old.

Bernard got better after losing. That's the true measure of a fighter. And if a fighter has never lost, then he just hasn't been fighting the best competition consistently enough.

Jones was ruined after losing, Floyd won't even challenge himself enough to the point where someone might come along to give him the opportunity to show his ability to overcome a loss.

Hop has been in a lot of fights that he was "supposed" to lose but came out on top.

But you say who WILL not who SHOULD. I personally am not a fan of Bernard Hopkins at all, but the man certainly has the resume and longevity that speaks for itself.

Maybe its just the ESPN body photo getting to me, because it seems I'm the only one to have voted for Hop. Not saying he is head and shoulders above the rest, but still my pick.
    Roy was ruined before losing. When he came back down from heavyweight, he simply wasn't the same guy.

Comment

1. Jones
      2. Pacquiao
      3. Hopkins
      4. Mayweather

If Mayweather were to take some action and make some amazing fights in the future. Pacquiao has looked less himself the past few years, lacking the instinct to demolish an opponent. Mayweather could take over but refuses to make the biggest fights and doesn't make his image any better.
      Then again Ali wasn't the most popular when it came to his public presence in the day of his prime.

Comment

1. manny
        2. roy jones
        3. hopkins
        4. floyd

Comment

I think Floyd has MUCH better defense than Roy ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
            I think Floyd has MUCH better defense than Roy ever did.
            Traditional defense maybe but Roy got hit a lot less when he was prime than Floyd has.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
              Traditional defense maybe but Roy got hit a lot less when he was prime than Floyd has.
              But Roy used his athleticism and reflexes. Floyd uses his athleticism/reflexes AND the Philly Shell.

Comment

But Roy used his athleticism and reflexes. Floyd uses his athleticism/reflexes AND the Philly Shell.
                OK, what's your point?

Comment

It's more of interpretation. Roy's defense was to move in and out of range to avoid shots rather than to stay in the pocket and block and roll/slip punches.
                  Both are defensive manuevers, which makes your statement in the prior post just an opinion.

Comment

1. Pac
                    2. BHop
                    3. RJJ
                    4. Cotto
                    5. Floyd

Comment

Its between Jones and Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                      X