No announcement yet.

Ali Vs Lewis

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chito
    ali by unanimous decision. lewis' advantage is his power but can he knock out ali? no! so it's expected he would lose this one! tyson has a better chance of winning against ali not lewis!
    ali will kill tyson. i dont think tyson can land a single punch on ali.

Comment

Ali for sure!

Comment

the one thing you have to remember about ali was that it was very common to go 15 rounds. and i'm not talking 15 slow boring rounds. lennox lewis went 12 a handful of times and they were imo boring fights. ali would have moved way too much for lewis. by the 5th round lewis would be way tired and would make for an easy late round ko/tko for ali. i mean c'mon, ali went 15 rounds 13 times. lewis had 5 12 round snoozer fights. don't get me wrong, lewis was a good fighter, but not on the same level as ali. ali could wear down a big guy like lewis and take him out in the end. i just don't see lewis making it past 13 rounds not even in his prime.

Comment

I would rather see a young George Foreman fight Lennox Lewis. That would be the match up of the big men!

Comment

Not Sure

I might actually go with Lewis. I think he would be too big and too strong for Ali. This is why I don't like comparing fighters from different time periods in terms of who can beat who. I think that fighters should be judged based on how they did against the opposition that was there in the particular time period they fought in. I think Lewis could beat Ali, but the reason why is because back when Ali fought there were no heavyweights who were 6'5 250 who were anywhere near as good as Lewis. That does not mean that Lewis was a greater champion than Ali, in fact he was not even close to being as great as Ali. Another example would be if Vitali Klitschko were to go back in time to fight Joe Louis. Klitschko would win easily I think. But it is a completely unfair comparison because of the size of Klitschko and the fact that heavyweights were soo much smaller in the Joe Louis era.

Comment

I agree with ali because of the quickness and Heart, but I wouldn't say it would be a dominating fight I mean it would be pretty good and would probably go the distance on however many rounds it was scheduled for, but liek I said would be a very close and entertaining fight.

Comment

Yeah, i'd have to agree with southpaw16.
                Although i really like ali and desperately wanted him to demolish lewis if they did fight, i think prime lewis would win.
                Ali never fought anyone like lewis and i don't think he'd would of been able to fight his fight against lewis.
                Lewis was alot taller with a good stiff jab and a powerful right hand, this means ali wouldn't of been able to use his reach against him.
                Ali would just be outboxed for 12 rounds, ali's not perfect because he lost to ken norton and two desperate winning decisions.
                Lewis wouldn't be able to knock out ali because of his chin and ali didn't have the power to worry lewis.
                Ali was alot lighter than lewis in his prime weighing only at 210 pounds and lewis weighing at 250, that's a 40 pound difference.
                But the thing about ali is that he always seemed to find a way to win in the ring against all odds.
                The disscusion about mike tyson against ali is different, two unique different styles and who would win if they both fought in their primes.
                I don't really know about this one because when mike was in his prime he was a monster with the killer instinct to beat any man.
                The posts here are a bit silly, eg.tyson wouldn't of landed a punch against ali and it would be an easy match, c'mon that's rubbish.
                Mike was a very fast fighter, his headmovement and bodypunching were excellent and he was the most explosive fighter in history. His handspeed was very fast and his power and accuracy were extraordinary.
                Very hard match to call, ali would have to take control of the match and not get intimidated and bullied by tyson in order to win.

Comment

depends which ali and which lewis.

prime ali beat everyone imo.

prime lewis beats most (maybe ali, louis holmes and foreman would be my picks to give Len probs.)

someone like marciano would just find the weight and height disadvantages too much for example.

Comment

ALI ALL THE WAY! HE HAD TOO MUCH MOVEMENT AND SPEED FOR HEAVYEIGHTS FULLSTOP.Tyson was good if u stood infront of him, Lewis looked good if opponents tried to trade from outside a grapple, becos Lewis had awesome reach. Foreman didnt look human when he fought, he was like a cyborg trying to kill with every punch, prime foreman would demolish heavyweight pretenders of today.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunna
                      ALI ALL THE WAY! HE HAD TOO MUCH MOVEMENT AND SPEED FOR HEAVYEIGHTS FULLSTOP.Tyson was good if u stood infront of him, Lewis looked good if opponents tried to trade from outside a grapple, becos Lewis had awesome reach. Foreman didnt look human when he fought, he was like a cyborg trying to kill with every punch, prime foreman would demolish heavyweight pretenders of today.
                      some people just don't get that. plus ali was good for 15 rounds. lennox on a good night may be good for 8 rounds. ali hands down

Comment

Working...
                      X