Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random question of the week: Why did Finito Lopez and Carbajal/Gonzalez never fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random question of the week: Why did Finito Lopez and Carbajal/Gonzalez never fight

They were like 3 pounds apart. Lopez should have fought Arce too.

Why stay at 105, when you could have made the bigger paydays at 108

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post

Some people percieved that Finito Lopez ducked some great fighters that he had the chance to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post

promoter problems? Carbajal I remember is with arum and finito im sure was with don king.

Comment

chiquita was finito's gooood friend...they trained with Nacho...i dunno why he didnt fight Carbajal though...

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          chiquita was finito's gooood friend...they trained with Nacho...i dunno why he didnt fight Carbajal though...
          Either way it would have been an easy fight for Finito. The greatest of ALL time. IMO. He was my idol growing up. I wanted to cry when he had a draw with Rosendo Alvarez.

Comment

Didnt King and Arum go for 20 years without co-promoting a fight? Finito was with DKP and Carbajal with Arum and this was in the middle of that long run of the two giants not sharing cards. By the time Finito got big, Carbajal was not a huge name anymore from what I remember.

Comment

Yeah, I think Finito handles Carbajal but it's a shame it never happened. Really, very disappointing come to think of it. What a beautiful fighter Lopez was. Seriously. Only Floyd Mayweather comes to mind as the only active fighter in his prime (well, he's retired now) that was as complete as Lopez.

Comment

Originally posted by HTownTexan View Post
                Either way it would have been an easy fight for Finito. The greatest of ALL time. IMO. He was my idol growing up. I wanted to cry when he had a draw with Rosendo Alvarez.
                A huge overstatement/

Comment

Working...
                X