Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the Floyd fans NOT in support of the Alexander fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm one that even if the match up doesn't look good on paper I'll watch cause this is boxing and you never know what is going to happen in there.

This fight doesn't do anything for me and I'm not paying for this one unless it is a loaded undercard.

Garbage match up. If Floyd needs a tune up say so but not on the Cinco de Mayo holiday which should be reserved for meaningful fights like it has been lately

Comment

I hate this fight. Don't see anything good about it. Stylistically boring and Devon have no shot at all to win this even against the worst version of Floyd imaginable.

Just don't see it happening though. This seems to be a strategy of team Mayweather (or Haymon) to toss out a few controversial names right before the announcement which in turn boost their actual pick.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I think it's decent, solid, at very best.

And the sad part is, if it happens, I'm going to it
      My mind is blown IronDanHamza.

Comment

I'm not a die hard Floyd fan or anything but I'm def disappointed if this is the fight there were so many better choices that just seemed to make sense financially and competitively i really dont see why he is going with Alexander. He loses respect for this not sure i have much left for him now

Comment

Mayweather-Alexander?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            My mind is blown IronDanHamza.

I've already booked my flights to Vegas that's why

As soon as Mayweather announced he'd be fighting May 4th I booked my tickets because I planned to go and watch his next fight. No matter who it was.

So, I may well be going to watch Mayweather-Alexander.

Hoping it's a ploy

To be honest, I don't hate the fight but I'm not happy with it at all. It's decent, IMO. But decent at best.

The worse part about it is the fight is going to be overly dull.

Comment

I hope you're right and I could see that but I doubt it.

Plus, I'm sure Guererro would be happy to take the 3 million or however much they will offer.
              I hope I am too .... There isn't much separating the two (Devon,RG) but at least Guerrero has a dynamic or two that we've yet to see from Alexander..... Grit and overall nastiness

I don't see Guerrero doing what I envision Alexander doing.... Staying on the outside the full 12 and short arming jabs

Comment

Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
                well imma say this..they say

1-he is afraid of southpaws

2-doesnt fight young fighters

is this the fight i want??hell no,but he has been out of the ring for a year so as long as he fights in September i aint mad
                Come ON larry.

I don't think he's afraid of southpaws, but if he were it would not include ****ty southpaws. And i use ****ty in a relative sense here. Obviously there's worse fighters than Devon.

Devon is the same age as Victor Ortiz.

The problem here is that Floyd does not fight twice in a year.
                What would this be a tuneup for exactly? Guerrero?
                Lets not fool ourselves that Floyd is going to fight Martinez or Trout in the fall. We'd be lucky to see him vs. Canelo if even at all. And if so Guerrero is a better tuneup than Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
                  I'll be the first to say he's really losing my respect. I'll watch because it's boxing and it Mayweather but I think this is a sucker move. There are 5 better match ups and he goes for Alexander? What, Pacquiao gets KO'd and you take a break now?

Maybe its just a tune up fight, still son, Alexander!?
                  Yeah and how much more respect would you lose if say

Pacquiao destroys Rios (which is whats going to happen)

and he then fights Pacquiao

Devon is a southpaw remember,can any of you guys notice a top ten Welterweight southpaw?

No because this is a tuneup fight for Pacquiao.its the only logical explanation

Comment

The worse part about it is the fight is going to be overly dull.
                    Yeah exactly, and that is the biggest problem i have with the fight.
                    It's going to be extremely boring. We won't even get to see a Floyd-Gatti kind of outclassing. Just a boring fight.

Khan is a guy that would be absolutely outclassed, but i think that fight would be entertaining while it lasts.
                    Now we get both an unworthy fighter and a crappy style matchup.

As i said though, i think this is just a decoy. It will probably be Guerrero. Not that i'm too thrilled about that either but it's better than a fight vs. Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                      The main thing I don't respect about this fight if it happens is how ****ing shady they did it. Brook got seriously screwed out of a title shot. Plus Devon isn't exciting at all. No one can deny the outcome is already determined on this one. It wasn't a fight the fans were calling for at all. He doesn't bring any money to the table like Guerrero would.
                      Agree mate. It was shady as hell the way they did it. I feel sorry for Brook because it's stalled his career. He's worked his way to get into that mandatory spot, was going to fight Devon in his back yard and now he's up ****'s creek without a paddle.

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
                      I hate this fight. Don't see anything good about it. Stylistically boring and Devon have no shot at all to win this even against the worst version of Floyd imaginable.

Just don't see it happening though. This seems to be a strategy of team Mayweather (or Haymon) to toss out a few controversial names right before the announcement which in turn boost their actual pick.
                      Another good point.

I'm struggling to see where the point is in this match up?

If it goes ahead it'll be the first Floyd fight, where I won't be buying.

Balls to that ****. I can't rock with Floyd on this. No way, no how.
                      Last edited by P4P_No1; 02-06-2013, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X