Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't Nontio Donaire fighting somone noteable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It ain't Donaire's fault he's being ducked. But we will soon find out. Pinoy Power and Latin Fury is being merged into one PPV(I think that's how they're doing it, lol).

Montiel was already asked by Donaire if he wanted to fight, he turned it down, that's a fact !!

Arce has been called out by Nonito everytime he gets, no response from Arce whatsoever !!

Well, Donaire and Montiel are gonna be on the same card, I think this is TR's way of building it up to a showdown between the two. Good move by TR !!

Comment

Originally posted by NYU Alum. View Post
      It ain't Donaire's fault he's being ducked. But we will soon find out. Pinoy Power and Latin Fury is being merged into one PPV(I think that's how they're doing it, lol).

Montiel was already asked by Donaire if he wanted to fight, he turned it down, that's a fact !!

Well, Donaire and Montiel are gonna be on the same card, I think this is TR's way of building it up to a showdown between the two. Good move by TR !!
      Donaire and Montiel were scheduled to fight on March 14, but Montiel couldn't make weight at 115 anymore so the fight was canceled. That's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
        Donaire and Montiel were scheduled to fight on March 14, but Montiel couldn't make weight at 115 anymore so the fight was canceled. That's what happened.
        Are you gonna blame Donaire for that?

Every in-ring post-fight interview, Donaire always sneaks in his wishes of who he wants to fight. Have you heard from those fighters that he has called out ?

Comment

**** him...he's pulling a mayweather....

Comment

donaire a disgrace to filipino-americans...........................

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              Nonito Donaire is a good fighter but he is overrated as hell!

His whole career is based on that sole win against Darchinyan!!
              Just like Juan Ma's career is based on Ponce De Leon. LMAO. You notice of how both Juan Ma and Donaire are promoted by good ole Bob Arum don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta View Post
                Just like Juan Ma's career is based on Ponce De Leon. LMAO. You notice of how both Juan Ma and Donaire are promoted by good ole Bob Arum don't you?
                JuanMa's the goods.

Comment

was ponce deleon more popular than darchinyan?

Comment

Because the only notable is himself. Once was Darchinyan but has moved in other weight divisions to avoid him, to avoid being knocked out again. But Vic Darch was stopped by Agbeko, he had to make an about face and lo... there is Nonito.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                      I can see him fighting someone who doesn't really pose a threat to him because it would jeopardize a rematch with Darchinyan, but why not fight someone with a name?

Why not fight?

Because he's the lower weights' version of Paul Williams. He's very tall and has a huge reach advantage for flyweights and bantamweights. Noone really wants to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                      X