No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather-Pacquiao, Marquez, Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant on Mayweather-Pacquiao, Marquez, Martinez

Larry Merchant is a veteran analyst and commentator for HBO, and a member of the International Boxing Hall of Fame. Merchant has worked for the channel since 1978, and in this recent interview he talks about Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez and other topics.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He made some solid points, though I disagree about a "75% Mosley causing problems for Pacquiao"...

Comment

Originally posted by jonarie View Post
      ...I disagree about a "75% Mosley causing problems for Pacquiao"...
      He will, at least for few rounds.

Comment

Mosley can cause problems. That's what my heart tells me. But my head says that he will be beaten by Pacman. And badly.
        And for Floyd? I dont think he really wants to risk fighting Pacman at this stage.

Comment

nuff said...any questions?

Nuff said...Whats else is there?, I never understood how any fan or journalist, etc of boxing, who understood these basic facts regarding Pacman's current choice of oppenents, could argue or complain or just plain out hate on Mosley being the choice and then thinking its not a fight Pacman could lose cause Mosley is good also(styles make fights remember?!! wow!!). All i can say until the fight actually occurs is this: Since the fight was announce, i always understood this was going to be a good fight, better than a fight with any fighter outside Mr.Mayweather. Mosley would annihilate Marquez, KO the inexperienced Berto, and kill the greek warrior Katsidis...any real argument there, NO. And now with the PPV going to CBS, and not HBO, i think the stage is being set for both fighters, for different reasons and motivations, this is a very unique situation in boxing, mosley should be beyond motivated for this and truly at his best....1 training camp, not 2(remember the berto fight tht ddnt happen), for this fight ,and he may have been over trained for Mayweather(no excuses though mayweathers a true beast), and bad style match up plus less motivation against the "latin snake". I think this fight will be up for Fight of the Year honors possibly.

Comment

What ever Pac does people will still try to put him down. He is already being ridiculously critisized for not fighting Afro Americans, so the best thing for him to do, is fight Mosley instead of Marquez. This fight is only happening because Floyd refuse to fight Manny, and chose to duck.

Comment

Absolutely no way Mayweather is scared or worried about Pacquiao. Mayweather has already told Merchant and the world. IF Pacquiao wants to fight take the test. IF he don't take the test then we don't got no fight. What is so hard to understand about that statement? Pacquiao is still the same size as Marquez it's just one of the biggest double standards in boxing. But hey what do you expect when you're the best boxer on the planet and everyone wants to see you lose.

Comment

Larry is right....3 quarters of Shane is enough to cause Manny some problems....imagine what 100% of Shane would do to lil' man .....them dudes pickin cherries atm and after watching Shane go 24 rounds with 2 slippery fighters.....TR feels like Shane is a cherry they can beat the juice outta.....guns DO back fire

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                  Larry is right....3 quarters of Shane is enough to cause Manny some problems....imagine what 100% of Shane would do to lil' man .....them dudes pickin cherries atm and after watching Shane go 24 rounds with 2 slippery fighters.....TR feels like Shane is a cherry they can beat the juice outta.....guns DO back fire
                  but you cant beat Pac fighting only 75% of what you've got tho

Pac will come in 100% whether you're a pensioner or a boxing noob

Comment

Floyd Maynever

Floyd Maynever fight again...too scared to lose.

Manny will beat Mosely....easy.

Manny does not have to fight a middleweight...and if Martinez wants to fight him, come down in weight.

Comment

Working...
                    X