Dana White Still Butthurt Over The CBS Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dana White Still Butthurt Over The CBS Deal

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...hitereax041910

White said he believes the Strikeforce brawl occurred because CBS didn’t align itself with the UFC. He said he had a tentative deal with CBS, but said that Showtime executives talked CBS into buying into the now-defunct Elite XC instead of agreeing to broadcast UFC fights.

The result, White said, was that an inferior product was put on national television. “Of course, everyone thinks I’m anti-competition, but I’m not,” White said. “But everyone knows that they didn’t belong on CBS. Even if you’re the biggest UFC hater out there, you know that. Shame on CBS for this. They knew they should have been with us, but they went out and let those Showtime idiots talk them into going with Elite XC.

“Now, they’re stuck with a bush league, C-level promotion that will probably be out of business next month,” he added. “And what you saw on Saturday is the kind of thing that happens when you put a product like that on national television.”

Showtime did not respond to a request for comment on White’s allegations.

strike force seems more lenient with its fighters as opposed to how mac daddy white treats his hoes.

perhaps stikeforce should do more to control everything their fighters do and force them to apologize on public tv every time they say a naughty word.

or we can shrug it off as an isolated incident that just happened and has nothing to do with white other then him not being the center of attention in the mma world and his ever growing need correct that lack of attention.

Comment

Love or hate Dana White there's no doubt that the UFC is a much better product. He's also not hurt for Strikeforce getting the deal with CBS because he could have signed a deal and turned it down because the money wasn't right and went to ****e.

Dana knows what the fuk he's doing, I watched the Strikeforce card and it wasn't very good to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
        Love or hate Dana White there's no doubt that the UFC is a much better product. He's also not hurt for Strikeforce getting the deal with CBS because he could have signed a deal and turned it down because the money wasn't right and went to ****e.

Dana knows what the fuk he's doing, I watched the Strikeforce card and it wasn't very good to be honest.
        Personally, I can't stand the characterization of "product" in regards to a given MMA promotion.

And I also emphatically disagree. The UFC does have the best fighters right now, but the production itself is rather trashy imo. From the broken record commentating, to the fighters being compelled to never speak ill of the UFC, to the president himself who is anything but a class act, and who basically fancies himself as an egomaniac cult leader, Strikeforce is actually something of a breath of fresh air imo.

The last card was certainly not there best showing though. I guess the combination of Jake Shields (I respect the guy still), and a King Mo with his back against the wall fighting a top guy in only his 7th fight and being forced to fall back on wrestling, as well as the Aoki fight with Aoki being an extremely talented, but one dimensional grappler, didn't make for the most spectacular results. Hendo delivering a spectacular knock out may have helped, but it was what it was.

Comment

Dana 1 year ago. "I like Strikeforce, they're good for the sport."

Strikeforce signs deal with showtime and cbs.

"**** Strikeforce"

Comment

Dream is the best product out there IMO. UFC might have the best fighters, but Dream has the best fights.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
              Dream is the best product out there IMO. UFC might have the best fighters, but Dream has the best fights.
              They don't have better fights. Usually to have the best fights you need to have at least some good fighters. Dream doesn't have very many.

Dream is a better product in terms of presentation, overall entertainment value, and showcasing all their fighters like they are all equal. While the UFC and other promotions tend to show favoritism towards certain fighters more than others.

NA promotions could learn a lot of from Japanese MMA in those respects.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
                They don't have better fights. Usually to have the best fights you need to have at least some good fighters. Dream doesn't have very many.

Dream is a better product in terms of presentation, overall entertainment value, and showcasing all their fighters like they are all equal. While the UFC and other promotions tend to show favoritism towards certain fighters more than others.

NA promotions could learn a lot of from Japanese MMA in those respects.
                really, check this DREAM highlight video below. They've been around for such a short period of time, and they already have better highlights than the UFC which has been around for 17 years.

Comment

the brawl was a joke diaz brothers were scum

Comment

Working...
                  X