No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad, The Sopranos or The Wire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
    I quit Breaking Bad in the second season. I quit the Wire in the first episode. The Sopranos I watched all the way through and could watch again.

Beyond just being a good mafia series, it has some pretty heavy symbolism and metaphor going on that will escape most of the dimwits on this forum.
    i have watched 3 series all throughout, Breaking Bad & The Wire have also have their fair share of metaphors & symbolisms that's similar or probably better than Sopranos

Comment

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      i have watched 3 series all throughout, Breaking Bad & The Wire have also have their fair share of metaphors & symbolisms that's similar or probably better than Sopranos
      I'll have to take your word for it. I had to bail for aesthetic reasons on both of those.

Comment

You got me. I can't between the sopranos and wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
          I'll have to take your word for it. I had to bail for aesthetic reasons on both of those.
          Lol come on man. T.V. shows aren't supposed to be as deep as Hegel or Rembrandt lol. it's just a stupid show.

Comment

Haven't seen the sopranos, but can't call it between breaking bad and the wire.

Comment

Band of brothers is better than all three

Comment

The Sopranos >>> the rest

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  Lol come on man. T.V. shows aren't supposed to be as deep as Hegel or Rembrandt lol. it's just a stupid show.
                  Yeah, it is a high standard for TV. I'm a snob though. If it is too low brow, it won't get me wet, and I move on.

Comment

For me its :

1. The Wire
                    2. Breaking Bad
                    3. The Sopranos

'The Shield' is up there for me also.

Comment

It was Breaking Bad for me until I saw Sorpanos, then that took the #1 spot. I like the Wire a lot too, so it's kind of a toss up between The Wire and BB for number 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X