No announcement yet.

Please help, shoulder pain!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help, shoulder pain!

The pain only comes around when I go to the gym. I begin hitting the bags and my left shoulder begins to KILL. It's been around for awhile. The pain isn't a normal pain, it's a pain that demotivates me to work, it MAKES me practically drop my left hand.

The pain is mostly located on the front side of the shoulder. I have been to the doctor and taken x-rays and they had nothing to report of my shoulder.

The pain has been on me for awhile and I really want to get rid of it. When it comes on the pain shoots up when I throw left jabs/hooks to the bag. Also when the pain stacks up while I workout and I rest I can feel it when I put my hands at my side and lift my left arm up straight out(like bringing my arms into putting my body into a "cross")

I believe it may be inflammation? I'm not sure, but if anyone has some advice to offer, it'd be great.

I'll bet that you lift your elbow when you jab, and that you hook with your palm down.

Comment

probably tendinitis. but see a doctor.

Comment

Your GP probably doesn't know **** about it so see a therapist, preferably a sports therapist. Family docs misdiagnose tendon issues often and sending you for an x-ray sounds off to me. I don't work in this field but I have worked in healthcare and have been to numerous docs and therapists for tendon issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Your GP probably doesn't know **** about it so see a therapist, preferably a sports therapist. Family docs misdiagnose tendon issues often and sending you for an x-ray sounds off to me. I don't work in this field but I have worked in healthcare and have been to numerous docs and therapists for tendon issues.
          you'd need an mri i think.

Comment

Thanks for the responses, I'll probably see how the R.I.C.E. treatment works for a couple days and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by slickslysmooth View Post
              Thanks for the responses, I'll probably see how the R.I.C.E. treatment works for a couple days and go from there.
              Do you do any kind of resistance training? It sounds like you may have a rotator cuff injury. If so you just may need to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
                Do you do any kind of resistance training? It sounds like you may have a rotator cuff injury. If so you just may need to rest.
                Not really. Just standard boxing workouts, pushups and situps.
                I'm thinking about buying a resistance band.

Comment

You probably tore up the muscle abit by thowing improper hooks or because you are not loosining up properly before your workouts. Give it heat and time to heal before going back to the gym. Or if you insist on training through it just give it heat right before you workout and loosen up properly before going into war mode. But honestly I would give the shoulder a rest.

Or right before you start working out you could have somebody kick you square in the nutz, you'll forget all about that shoulder.

Hope this helped........Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
                    You probably tore up the muscle abit by thowing improper hooks or because you are not loosining up properly before your workouts. Give it heat and time to heal before going back to the gym. Or if you insist on training through it just give it heat right before you workout and loosen up properly before going into war mode. But honestly I would give the shoulder a rest.

Or right before you start working out you could have somebody kick you square in the nutz, you'll forget all about that shoulder.

Hope this helped........Rockin'

The funny thing is, it used to be WAY worse. I got the pain when in my first 3-4 months at the gym. I'm a 5'6 skinny boned 130 pound filipino at 17 and I was using the hardest bag at the gym and I think it may of came from those improper hooks i used to throw.. LOL.

Also, I don't really shadowbox at my gym.. I should. I usually shadowbox at my house, it'd be smart to shadow before the bags...

Comment

Working...
                    X