Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Sport Is More DIFFICULT & Produces better Athletes? Baseball or Cricket???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Monaco View Post
    Is that Carlos Monzon in the background?

Comment

• According to Squeal Piggy (he must be happy that I gave him recognition), the greatest cricket player is on par with the greatest boxer. By implication, he's said just that. Every sport draws the greatest of athletes.

I guess he doesn't understand economics.

Baseball also seems harder than cricket. But, I'm not really sure.

Due to economics alone, obviously baseball.

Due to the sports themselves? I don't know. I don't really like either sport. I know an Irish guy who loves cricket (he's a professional journalist, who has plenty of experience reporting on cricket).

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        You don't know anything about cricket! Honestly reading your argument looks like this:

"Clearly NASCAR is better than Ballet. NASCAR racers go at like 200 mph. How fast to ballet dancers go? They don't even get in cars! Obviously this means that ballet is easy compared to NASCAR. NASCAR drivers race really expensive cars that are custom tuned, really fast. How can that possibly compare to dancing in tights?"

Cricket isn't British, it's English. You dumb Mexican.

You could easily count them.

For one thing if a baseball player catches a ball in his bare hand everyone in the country takes the day off work to completely shit the bed about it. When making a routine catch makes the baseball highlight reel for no other reason that they didn't use their oversized spastic glove to help them do it it's hard to described the video I posted as "routine".

You haven't played cricket. You swung a bat around in a parking lot with a bunch of children. Saying that you have played cricket is like saying you're a fighter pilot because you played this game:

Yes. Baseball is set up to give everyone a frequent sit down. Because they're Americans.

136 feet in 60 seconds? Nearly two and a half minutes for 100m? Is this some rare sleepwalking baseball tournament?

Oh yes, slip fielders who stand at silly point with no protective equipment of finger-sieves to help prevent ouchies from the ball-ball?

i played the game. vs high schoolers. they had the proper dimensions. they spray painted the pitch with the proper measurements. they even chipped at the concrete to give it that funky bounce.

we played in conccrete parking lot with the actual ball and paddle. they used metal pipes for the sticks. we used football helmets for batting. we played on concrete not on grass so it was a lot more dangerous than the actual official cricket game played on grass field.

i played two sports in high school. basketball and football.

what did you play?

beat up a bible boy?

nah. judging by your tow the line anti conspiracy act here, i bet the most athletic thing you did in school was hall monitoring snitching on people.

then you ran as fast as you could after school so you wont get your arse whooped. that's why you like sports that have no stoppages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          i played the game. vs high schoolers. they had the proper dimensions. they spray painted the pitch with the proper measurements. they even chipped at the concrete to give it that funky bounce.

we played in conccrete parking lot with the actual ball and paddle. they used metal pipes for the sticks. we used football helmets for batting. we played on concrete not on grass so it was a lot more dangerous than the actual official cricket game played on grass field.

what did you play?

beat up a bible boy?

nah. judging by your tow the line anti conspiracy act here, i bet the most athletic thing you did in school was hall monitoring snitching on people.

then you ran as fast as you could after school so you wont get your arse whooped. that's why you like sports that have no stoppages.
          In other words you've never actually played a game of cricket ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
            According to Squeal Piggy (he must be happy that I gave him recognition), the greatest cricket player is on par with the greatest boxer. By implication, he's said just that. Every sport draws the greatest of athletes.

I guess he doesn't understand economics
            Wow. None of this makes sense. None of it at all! I mean not making sense in a part of your statement is routine. But not making sense through all of it? That takes some skill!

Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post

You have never played cricket.

what did you play?

beat up a bible boy?

I played rugby, football (proper football you play with your feet) and cricket. I wasn't great at cricket, but I preferred it to the other summer sport available to us, hockey (field), which I loath.

Outside school I did judo.

Comment

• So have we now established that Archer has neither played nor watched a game of cricket in his life?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                So have we now established that Archer has neither played nor watched a game of cricket in his life?
                He didn't realise you could be run out

Comment

• there is no athletic equivalent in cricket for this:

NONE.

You cannot match that athletic output the game of baseball is showing vs cricket.

YOU CANNOT MATCH THAT IN YOUR SPORT.

In your sport you run back and forth 22 yards while everybody gets to bat. where the hell is the degree in difficulty for that? In baseball you get 3 outs and that's it you go back on defense. Baseball is so much more technical, strategic, more cerebral. hitting a ball on the bounce with a fcking paddle are you freaking kidding me? its inherently harder to hit a baseball thrown at faster speeds with a stick that has a lesser surface area.

baseball is more diverse, more layered, more versatile. It has stealing bases. the amount of ground you have to cover in order to score blows away cricket in comparison. stealing bases comes with the pitcher defending the runner with pick off throws. with the catcher having the ability to throw you down gunning for a bag.

cricket is child's play. a one dimensional game, stale, boring game that lags behind baseball in showing agility, arm strength, arm accuracy, footspeed, running technique, hand eye coordination, strength, vertical leap.

baseball trumps cricket in all universal aspects of athletic attributes and the amount of athletic output the game requires.

YOU CANNOT MATCH THOSE VIDEOS AND THE AMOUNT OF ATHLETIC OUTPUT THAT IS BEING SHOWN.

Cricket is game for athletic simpletons when compared to baseball.

the visual evidence is plain to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    Wow. None of this makes sense. None of it at all! I mean not making sense in a part of your statement is routine. But not making sense through all of it? That takes some skill!
                    It doesn't make sense if, and only if, your reading skills of English are not quite up to par.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
                      there is no athletic equivalent in cricket for this:

NONE.

You cannot match that athletic output the game of baseball is showing vs cricket.

YOU CANNOT MATCH THAT IN YOUR SPORT.

In your sport you run back and forth 22 yards while everybody gets to bat. where the hell is the degree in difficulty for that? In baseball you get 3 outs and that's it you go back on defense. Baseball is so much more technical, strategic, more cerebral. hitting a ball on the bounce with a fcking paddle are you freaking kidding me? its inherently harder to hit a baseball thrown at faster speeds with a stick that has a lesser surface area.

baseball is more diverse, more layered, more versatile. It has stealing bases. the amount of ground you have to cover in order to score blows away cricket in comparison. stealing bases comes with the pitcher defending the runner with pick off throws. with the catcher having the ability to throw you down gunning for a bag.

cricket is child's play. a one dimensional game, stale, boring game that lags behind baseball in showing agility, arm strength, arm accuracy, footspeed, running technique, hand eye coordination, strength, vertical leap.

baseball trumps cricket in all universal aspects of athletic attributes and the amount of athletic output the game requires.

YOU CANNOT MATCH THOSE VIDEOS AND THE AMOUNT OF ATHLETIC OUTPUT THAT IS BEING SHOWN.

Cricket is game for athletic simpletons when compared to baseball.

the visual evidence is plain to see.
                      LOL is this guy still trying to defend the fact that ROUNDERS is his national sport? You guys were so athletic that you lost every single match to the English cricket team then adopted ROUNDERS because the American public wouldn't show up to any more cricket games.

Comment

Working...
                      X