No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: I'll Be in The Best Shape of My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Bellew: I'll Be in The Best Shape of My Career

WBO World Light-Heavyweight title challenger Tony Bellew is gearing up for his showdown with champion Nathan Cleverly and is looking to impress in front of his home crowd in Liverpool.

[Click Here To Read More]

Pressure's on! He's done a lot of talking, made a lot of promises. A lot of disappointed people if he doesn't deliver.

It's tough to walk in your home town knowing you've promised and let people down.

I re-watched the second Bellew Mckenzie fight last night. Bellew's footwork is poor - if you step to Bellew's right (either circle or step) and turn him - he has to adjust and can't get off.

You could make him look like a clown doing that, then using angles to get your own shots off. Bellew for me hasn't really been in a fight yet where he's been are to work hard during rounds.

The rounds have always been fought at his pace, so interesting to see what his stamina is like when made to work.

He also panics when attacked - even by not big punchers.

Comment

Cleverly is in a different league to Bellew. Bellew is seen as a bit of a laughing stock in the UK.

He has talked big for this fight, whilst Cleverly has just gone about his business, going to look a fool in his home town

Comment

I really hated Tony Bellew but he seems to have become a bit of a better guy, still hope Cleverly ends him. Have you seen the press conference in Wales where they ask Tony Bellew why he didn't walk through the front door avoiding the fans and walked through the exit door? He said " No-ones going to ****ing touch me, ill walk out there right now and nobody is going to say nothing to me, you cant do **** to me " or something like that haha he really wants to be seen as a hard man but fair play he was a bouncer when he was just 15 years old!!

Comment

Working...
        X