• Show
Clear All

• [rant about ufc vs boxing] pretty pointless thread

just want to say a big ****.
    this really sucks.
    being a boxing fan is hard at this time lol
    watching ufc get all the fights they want made,
    fights lived up to the hype
    while boxing's biggest fights were filled with disappointments..
    and the worst part is, some of our biggest names are still sayin **** like theyre mayweather... thinking they aer some kinda super elite fighter with ultimate A-side-demands...

FCK!!!!!!
    somebody make some noise in boxing :'(

edit:
    basically, im jealous how ufc is run so well. boxing meh.
    if only everyone would take a step back, risk their 0s, then everyone would be better and happier in the LONG RUN.
    Last edited by nivek535; 12-14-2015, 01:57 PM.

Well obviously you can't compare how good UFC is to the state of boxing. Boxing might be a better sport but its run so poorly it ends up being a worse sport in reality.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
      just want to say a big ****.
      this really sucks.
      being a boxing fan is hard at this time lol
      watching ufc get all the fights they want made,
      fights lived up to the hype
      while boxing's biggest fights were filled with disappointments..
      and the worst part is, some of our biggest names are still sayin **** like theyre mayweather... thinking they aer some kinda super elite fighter with ultimate A-side-demands...

FCK!!!!!!
      somebody make some noise in boxing :'(
      Solid rant brother

Originally posted by dr.french View Post
      Well obviously you can't compare how good UFC is to the state of boxing. Boxing might be a better sport but its run so poorly it ends up being a worse sport in reality.
      Yea this is basically what I feel. I'm a fan of both sports. Boxing is #1, MMA is #2. #3 is all the other combat sports & I don't understand how people get excited about all these sports with cats running around, carrying, bouncing, kicking & throwing balls are so f#cking popular. I can't ever envision boxing being #2 on my favorite sport list, but structurally MMA via the UFC is built soooooo much better & makes sooooo much more sense for fans you can't respect & appreciate that more than the circus that boxing is.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Solid rant brother

Yea this is basically what I feel. I'm a fan of both sports. Boxing is #1, MMA is #2. #3 is all the other combat sports & I don't understand how people get excited about all these sports with cats running around, carrying, bouncing, kicking & throwing balls are so f#cking popular. I can't ever envision boxing being #2 on my favorite sport list, but structurally MMA via the UFC is built soooooo much better & makes sooooo much more sense for fans you can't respect & appreciate that more than the circus that boxing is.
        I like boxing way more. The thing is, UFC and boxing are polar opposites in how they are run. Yes, I like boxing more. But its one of the worst run international sports there is. Certainly the worst run major sport. Pretty much everything about it is bad. Bad matchups. Bad quality. Rampant drugs cheating. Corrupt organisations, and judges.

UFC on the otherhand is one of the best run sports. Things are fair on fighters. They now have the best drugs testing in sports. And all the best matchups. Consistent good quality. I will probably watch more and more UFC.

Comment

UFC is **** I tuned in after the Joshua v Whyte card and it basically put everyone off in the room. The boxing was a lot better and that's coming from non combat sports fans not just me.

Comment

Originally posted by dr.french View Post
            I like boxing way more. The thing is, UFC and boxing are polar opposites in how they are run. Yes, I like boxing more. But its one of the worst run international sports there is. Certainly the worst run major sport. Pretty much everything about it is bad. Bad matchups. Bad quality. Rampant drugs cheating. Corrupt organisations, and judges.

UFC on the otherhand is one of the best run sports. Things are fair on fighters. They now have the best drugs testing in sports. And all the best matchups. Consistent good quality. I will probably watch more and more UFC.

^^^^ how many UFC fighters have been done for PED's recently? Loads even Joe Rogan UFC biggest fan boy says the sport is riddled with PED's. Don't make silly comments.

Comment

Well one thing in the UFC fans aren't held hostage into waiting on the best to fight the best .Guys can't cherry pick or wait 5 yrs to give the fans the fight they want.. it's prime vs prime and that's how it should be in boxing!
              Last edited by imperial1; 12-14-2015, 11:59 AM.

Comment

The way boxing is run is extremely destructive. Progress comes very, very slowly, because anyone setting a standard in place is quickly undercut by someone who says "come do business with us and you don't have to worry about that shit."

No way MMA progresses as it has over the past 10-15 years without the UFC. Organisation makes a massive, massive difference and boxing doesn't have it. You had #2 vs #3 and #1 vs the Champion in the UFC featherweight division last weekend.

That just does not happen in boxing, because (a) all those fighters are controlled by different promoters or networks who won't work with each other, and (b) it's not hard for a well-backed #3 to fight easy opponents for 2-3 years until the champ vacates. Then they can hold up their WBF title and call themselves the world champion.

Fighters still earn opportunities in boxing but not in the way they used to. I mean Adrien Broner can be marketed as a 'four division world champion' when Hagler had to wait 50 fights for a title shot. That’s the other extreme but it shows how things have changed. Yes boxing is a business, but it’s not just a business. It’s also a sport and sports need some basic conditions in order to thrive. At the end of the day, the objective is to find out who the best is. And the more a sport strays from that objective the more debased and corrupted it becomes.

There is some beautiful irony in seeing boxing fans gloat about UFC champs not having long reigns. Boxing has become so detached from reality that they don’t understand that’s what happens when the best consistently fight each other. That’s why the long reigns of guys like Hagler and Monzon mean something, and will always be respected, and why the ‘reigns’ of some guys around today are laughable by comparison.

Comment

Boxing is my love always has been always will be but it's an inferior sport of the past. Boxing doesn't have a Conor McGregor or a Jon Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                    Boxing is my love always has been always will be but it's an inferior sport of the past. Boxing doesn't have a Conor McGregor or a Jon Jones.
                    Boxing has a Anthony Joshua, Canelo Alvarez and Felix Verdejo for the future...

McGregor is not even close to Floyd/Pacquiao/Klitschko level in terms of global popularity.

Comment

Working...
                    X