Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in the new rejuvenated Miguel Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe rejuvenated Cotto as much as I do in Rachael Dolezal's blackness.

Comment

I really need to see Cotto in a good fight past the 6. That's when he usually back pedals if it gets rough. Freddie changed him, but his soft opposition does not do enough to test him past competitive 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
        this is the best he has ever looked. physically he looks stronger and mentally he looks more focused. i think this is the perfect weight for him. + he has improved his boxing iq
        Luv u Skip. Starting to think u r legit Skip Bayless cuss UDKSAB. Did u watch cotto fights at 140, like any of them?

Hiring Roach and picking on injured drained fighters. U must be ****ting me.

Comment

I was doubtful at first, but Cotto is looking about as good as ever. Canelo is really the only fight for him now. I think that would be a genuinely interesting fight that either guy could win. GGG will knock him out, but it would be interesting up until Cotto folds.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            I laugh at those who says this cotto still loses to trout. Newsflash, Cotto isn't gonna go in there to try and outbox him like pedro diaz had him try to do.
            Dont kid urself bro. Roach not letting Cotto newhere near Trout. Cotto is fighting for money and I dont blame him. I only want to see him in Mega fights. Canelo and if he wins that a Money rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by North Star View Post
              Cotto is definitely rejuvenated. I am surprised he made it as far in the game as he did, with the turmoil he endured in his camps with his uncle, and the camps afterward. He seemed happy with Steward, but Manny's sole focus was Wlad and rightfully so. Cotto needed a figure that he truly respected to take charge of him, and make him perform to the best of his abilities.

Once he split with his uncle, we went untrained for Clottey and Pacquiao. Barely beating Clottey, and getting completely dominated by Pacquiao. After that, he gets with Steward for a few fights against Foreman and Gomez. He was looking fresh again, but that duo ended quickly. Then Cotto brings in the Cuban amatuer coach Pedro Diaz. Diaz tried to completely change Cotto from an offensive machine, to a Cuban point fighter. Changing how he throws his punches, unusual "scientific" training methods and regimines. Diaz was also starting to be more vocal in the media and using Cotto's noterierty to enhance his own.

Cotto fought Mayweather and while he looked good in spots, had mediocre instruction and preparation. This was for the fight of his life, and he was under prepared with a basic gameplan. After the loss, Cotto had one more go around with Diaz against Trout. This was his final camp with Diaz and it happened to be one of his worst camps yet. Diaz had Cotto training in Big Bear for high altitude training, and flew him out to Florida way to early before the fight, making the high alititude training useless. In the fight, Diaz still had a very basic gameplan and that mixed with a terrible camp and conditioning, Cotto lost for the second time and the first back to back in his career. Cotto and Diaz parted ways immediately afterwards.

In all sports, prepartion and gameplans are the keys to victory. Boxing is one of those that highlight that critically as guys are putting their lives on the line when they step into the ring. Now that Cotto is with Roach, someone that truly understands his fighter, and his strengths, he is looking extremely sharp, strong, and well conditioned. Dropping Landman and hiring MacMillan for his S&C has also done wonders. The trifecta, Cotto/Roach/MacMillan is a great team and something that should have happened early into Cotto's pro career.
              Excellent post

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Or do you think he's the same old Cotto who lost to Trout and Mayweather?

Has he been made to look good with opponent choice, or is he simply a better conditioned, harder hitting, more energetic and attacking fighter now?

Where does boxingscene stand on this? (vote in poll)
                You have to understand that Roach's fighters only fight names not ability. Don't believe the hype. Roach said it himself that he doesn't put his fighters in fights unless he's certain they will win. He also stated he likes to handicapped the opponents.

Comment

Working...
                X