Stanley Kubrick vs Martin Scorsese

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
    Kubrick

most of his movies have massive influences throughout history of film. You can argue that he made the best there is in every genre: comedy (Strangelove), horror (The Shining), anti-war (Paths of Glory), Sci-Fi (2001)
    The Shining is not the best horror movie of all time. It was downright boring.

And same with the The Thing. People overrate those movies to epic proportions.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
      The Shining is not the best horror movie of all time. It was downright boring.

And same with the The Thing. People overrate those movies to epic proportions.
      i wonder whats your pick, the shining & the thing are up there among with the best horror films

Comment

Tough.

To me, it's most watchable in my library.

So Scorsese.

And to people shitting on The Shining, eat a bowl of fucking herpes.

With a straw.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I don't think Shutter Island was crap, but given the hype going in, and the fact he's previous three films were Gangs of New York, The Aviator, The Departed.....I had astronomical expectations. And it fell wayyyy flat.
          Yeah, "crap" was a bit OTT on my part... but certainly a mediocre film.

Comment

Don't let this smug ass limey off the hook.

"Hey mate. What about samurai swords mixed in with Perry Mason and shit? Maybe a little of bit of tea and sagging ass on this fortnight? I can name all these Ninja Scroll ass joints Marthra Bertridge with a umbrella had, because deep down, I'm deep."

Ole smiley face T-Shirt wearin', chester rapey dapey Dodge drivin', 18 cat havin', Hugh Grants lawyer on speed dial havin' ass nicca.

Comment

I'm watching Skyfall.

Annie could kick my ass.

Probably easy.

All of you Brits have them pretty blue eyes?

Comment

Kubrick was much more obsessed with quality, as evidenced by his small number of films.

Comment

Scorsese, best resume in film history.

Comment

I think The Exorcist is the best horror film of all time. The Shining is Top 5 hands down though.

Comment

If this were boxing, Kubrick would be Sugar Ray Robinson and Scorsese would be Sergio Martinez.

Comment

Working...
                      X