Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 30 Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165, Kell Brook 176!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
    Still laughing at how people are trying to validate Brook as being one of the best welterweights...with one fight in the US and three fights against a guy that ended up having over 100 losses in his career
    I take it you have seen Brook box a number of times , your post shows what you see , did you just start following boxing ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
      Didn't Danny get $1.5M for fighting Quillen? WTF?? What is wrong with $1.5M? Thing is Danny and a bunch of others know that they will get Ko'd by Golovkin - so they price themselves out. "Gotta have $3M for such a dangerous fight" - what have either Saunders or Jacobs done to deserve $3M??

For Eubank not even $4M was enough. Brook has shown up Eubank and I wonder how much DeGale will want to fight GGG? Lets not even mention Lara? I'd fight Golovkin for $200K - take my ko in the first 20 seconds. [write my will just in case]. These other guys are just plain greedy. Nothing wrong with wanting to be paid well but when you sneer at $1.5M things have gotten out of hand.

It aint 4mil, that is what is wrong with it.

Jacobs would be ******ed if he fought Golovkin for less than half what the largely-untested relatively-unknown welterweight Kell Brook got paid.

And so would Saunders.

Can't Golovkin generate more than Quillin ?

Comment

• 30 Day Weights: Gennady Golovkin 165, Kell Brook 176!

wow, Brook is a monster.....

..... props to Golovkin for stepping up to 176.

I always knew he could do 154-168, but this is stuff of legends.

Brook is a coward for picking on little guys !

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          I take it you have seen Brook box a number of times , your post shows what you see , did you just start following boxing ?
          I've been watching boxing for a long time, and while brook has a very decent skill set, he doesn't do well in pressure situations (see his fights with jones) and he fights in spurts. He also does not have the foot movement to stay away from stalker/pressure fighters. Don't think for a second that dirty Sanchez and the rest of the merry men haven't watched plenty of tape on this guy to ensure their guy looks good in this.

Comment

• This makes me think Brook is going to come in way too big and lose too much speed that he can't afford to lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              It aint 4mil, that is what is wrong with it.

Jacobs would be ******ed if he fought Golovkin for less than half what the largely-untested relatively-unknown welterweight Kell Brook got paid.

And so would Saunders.

Can't Golovkin generate more than Quillin ?
              But it doesn't work like that and I know you are intelligent enough to know that. The only people who can pay $4m for a fight against GGG [at this point in Golovkin's career] are Hearn, HBO ppv for right opponent. Hearn will not be involved if either BJS or Jacobs are fighting. HBO won't see either fight as a PPV. So there is no way that either fighter can make $4M or even $3M fighting Golovkin. $1.5M came to Danny against Quillen when Haymon was feeling more flush. As we see, he seems to have tightened his belt some this year so point is when you or your manager are assessing where you can get most money you can't just look at Kell Brook and say I want $4M because he got $4M. Thats not how it works.
              There are quite a few fighters who seem to be spectacularly mis-managed when it comes to extracting the most money from their career. If you are past 28 yrs old and not an elite fighter then defeat lurk at every corner as you start to leave your best years behind you. Quillen, BJS, Jacobs, come to mind.
              Brook recognised he was never going to get $4M fighting anyone else, not at 147 or 154 so he jumped at it. Ditto Khan. But that's not available to Jacobs. You go whatever money can be got. Fighting once a year for $1.5M is not bad work but how much will Jacobs get for fighting Mora and will he fight again this year? What it all says is that Jacobs has little faith in his own abilities against GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                Redd Foxx for your integrity you should come here and apologize.
                What am I apologizing for? Because GGG's 30-day weight was 1lb heavier than in his last fight? Or, because Brook is putting on bloat?

I like to believe you're smart enough to know that quality muscle doesn't stack on in 4 weeks. Please tell me you're not being that gullible.

Comment

• let me guess....the Lil G fan girls will now claim Kell is NOT a WW or he's some how bigger than Lil G....Kell is NOT in shape...that's all these weights are saying....dude gonna get iced anyway...I think he knows it as well...no fuks given!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    let me guess....the Lil G fan girls will now claim Kell is NOT a WW or he's some how bigger than Lil G....Kell is NOT in shape...that's all these weights are saying....dude gonna get iced anyway...I think he knows it as well...no fuks given!!
                    Try not insulting fighters if you want someone to take your words seriously.

Or looking at the pictures so you know what you're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                      But it doesn't work like that and I know you are intelligent enough to know that. The only people who can pay $4m for a fight against GGG [at this point in Golovkin's career] are Hearn, HBO ppv for right opponent. Hearn will not be involved if either BJS or Jacobs are fighting. HBO won't see either fight as a PPV. So there is no way that either fighter can make $4M or even $3M fighting Golovkin. $1.5M came to Danny against Quillen when Haymon was feeling more flush. As we see, he seems to have tightened his belt some this year so point is when you or your manager are assessing where you can get most money you can't just look at Kell Brook and say I want $4M because he got $4M. Thats not how it works.
                      There are quite a few fighters who seem to be spectacularly mis-managed when it comes to extracting the most money from their career. If you are past 28 yrs old and not an elite fighter then defeat lurk at every corner as you start to leave your best years behind you. Quillen, BJS, Jacobs, come to mind.
                      Brook recognised he was never going to get $4M fighting anyone else, not at 147 or 154 so he jumped at it. Ditto Khan. But that's not available to Jacobs. You go whatever money can be got. Fighting once a year for $1.5M is not bad work but how much will Jacobs get for fighting Mora and will he fight again this year? What it all says is that Jacobs has little faith in his own abilities against GGG.
                      You'd be surprised at how stupid he is willing to make himself look for the sake of his agenda.

BTW, Jacobs is getting 500k for fighting Mora yet some on here would have you believe that K2 low-balled him by offering $1.5 million

Comment

Working...
                      X