Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Keith Thurman get past his first real test?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Keith Thurman get past his first real test?

Will Keith Thurman get past his first real test this weekend against Carlos Quintana?

I remember NSB nearly exploded after his last victory, I can't imagine the hype if he beats Carlos Quintana

Quintana beats him in a decision, possibly stops him.

I'm not sold on Thurman at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

I'm not overly impressed with him either though he is still very young. Good to see hes stepping up though but I really do think he'll be out of his depth against Quintana.

Comment

it'll definitely be a test, southpaws are a bitc/h

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Will Keith Thurman get past his first real test this weekend against Carlos Quintana?

I remember NSB nearly exploded after his last victory, I can't imagine the hype if he beats Carlos Quintana
          Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post

I agree totally. I was not that impressed with Thurman when I saw him. He was fast and powerful but sloppy with bad stamina. I think Quintana is going to outbox him and make him look very bad in this fight leading to yet another chapter in the long book of overhyped prospects that never made it.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I'm not overly impressed with him either though he is still very young. Good to see hes stepping up though but I really do think he'll be out of his depth against Quintana.
            True.

And if we really want to get technical and take it a step further, at this stage in his career he couldn't even hold Joel Julio's jock strap.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
              I agree totally. I was not that impressed with Thurman when I saw him. He was fast and powerful but sloppy with bad stamina. I think Quintana is going to outbox him and make him look very bad in this fight leading to yet another chapter in the long book of overhyped prospects that never made it.
              Somehow he thinks he's ready for Mayweather.

Comment

tough choice. thurman is young and strong, but quintana is no slouch. im gonna go with the quintana upset, thurman has not convinced me yet he is the real deal, we shall see...

Comment

I wasnt really that impressed by Thurman. I thought he looked a little flabby in his last fight. I know hes got a great record with alot of KOs but I didnt see any real snap on his punches. I remember thinking if this guy could get down to 140 he could be more dynamic. Instead he moves up to 152? A head scratcher for me. But I hope the guy fights well. Everybody here knows I support my black american fighters.

Comment

I'm not sold on Thurman yet, even if he beats Quintana its how he acts during the fight.

I remember NSB went mad after Maidana stopped Karass but I remember seeing things in Maidanas eyes/face that made me think he would quit almost easily under the right circumstances. I haven't seen the fight since then but I think I learnt something about Maidana I had never thought beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                    X