No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Dwight Howard to the Lakers, a done deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    That was not the best deal. The Rockets offering half their team and the package the Nets offered were both easily better. When three stars change teams in a four team trade and the team with the best trade piece gets none of them, that GM sucks.
    if what's publish on the rocket trade is true, no doubt its the best. but as what the new magic GM told, "sometimes whats on paper are not really whats being offered"..

the nets offered broken foot lopez, a career 6reb 7 foot center that was on max contract.., how good is that? as what i read, they want to build thru youth and draft. they don't want any lengthy contract that might hamper their rebuild..

if the fans has someone to blame on this trade, its dwight..

Comment

• imagine if dwight never restrict his preffered destination, the magic GM being a former OKC staff would gift wrap him there, in exchange of russel+ibaka or harden+ibaka, both which magic can build through as a foundation..

or swap straight to blake + contact dump
      or to new orleans for the rights to unibrow and 1 bad contract..

the possibilities were limitless.. but since dwight only wants nets and lately lakers were able to sway him, the rest is history..

Comment

• Originally posted by lebrick View Post
        if what's publish on the rocket trade is true, no doubt its the best. but as what the new magic GM told, "sometimes whats on paper are not really whats being offered"..

the nets offered broken foot lopez, a career 6reb 7 foot center that was on max contract.., how good is that? as what i read, they want to build thru youth and draft. they don't want any lengthy contract that might hamper their rebuild..

if the fans has someone to blame on this trade, its dwight..
        Doubting published reports goes both ways.

It was rumored that no way ORL was sending Dwight to the Nets regardless how sweet the offer was because the front office didn't want Dwight to get exactly what he wants.

Spiteful much?

Comment

• Originally posted by sigrab View Post
          Doubting published reports goes both ways.

It was rumored that no way ORL was sending Dwight to the Nets regardless how sweet the offer was because the front office didn't want Dwight to get exactly what he wants.

Spiteful much?
          sorry sig, i understand you somehow root for that team being your hometown but i understand what the orlando front office have done.

if dwight is really about winning, he could have requested deron to come in his house, instead of him following deron like a 2$ whore..

it's his agent Fegan who ruined everything.. he want big market.. he brainwashed that kid how adidas would love him in brooklyn..

Comment

sorry sig, i understand you somehow root for that team being your hometown but i understand what the orlando front office have done.

if dwight is really about winning, he could have requested deron to come in his house, instead of him following deron like a 2$ whore..

it's his agent Fegan who ruined everything.. he want big market.. he brainwashed that kid how adidas would love him in brooklyn..
            No pre, I'm not defending Dwight. He's an ass.

I'm just saying you can't blame the Magic front office if they decided to look the other way so Dwight doesn't get what he wants.

Meaning even if the Nets had a slightly better offer, screw Dwight.

Comment

• But still, you can't blame the average fan for thinking ORL got bamboozled in this trade.

Comment

• Originally posted by sigrab View Post
                But still, you can't blame the average fan for thinking ORL got bamboozled in this trade.
                average fan only understand that for a trade to work, it should be superstar for superstar swap. and if you have a player who is arguably top3 in the NBA, you would think that you can get any player you want when you trade him.

on paper, orlando should just swap dwight + salary dump to bynum + young talents.. but orlando maybe doesn't like their chances on keeping bynum or his knees.. we can look back at this trade 3yrs from now on how this work out. orlando GM admittedly told the media they are taking a step back.. for the future..

Comment

average fan only understand that for a trade to work, it should be superstar for superstar swap. and if you have a player who is arguably top3 in the NBA, you would think that you can get any player you want when you trade him.

on paper, orlando should just swap dwight + salary dump to bynum + young talents.. but orlando maybe doesn't like their chances on keeping bynum or his knees.. we can look back at this trade 3yrs from now on how this work out. orlando GM admittedly told the media they are taking a step back.. for the future..
                  They did their best to make the team suck so they can tank and hopefully draft another superstar. That's unfair to the fans, and rarely works. The Magic got lucky twice, but what about all the other years they sucked doing the same thing?

I wasn't expecting superstar for superstar. But when four teams are involved, three difference makers get traded, and the team with the best trade piece gets by far the worst deal of the four teams, that's a failure. Especially when much better deals have been offered.

Comment

• Thank you Orlando we will remember you next year as we hold the trophy/

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      They did their best to make the team suck so they can tank and hopefully draft another superstar. That's unfair to the fans, and rarely works. The Magic got lucky twice, but what about all the other years they sucked doing the same thing?

I wasn't expecting superstar for superstar. But when four teams are involved, three difference makers get traded, and the team with the best trade piece gets by far the worst deal of the four teams, that's a failure. Especially when much better deals have been offered.
                      i talk to a lot of hardcore orlando fans and they are relieved that howard is gone. they are used to have a team that sucked.. heart and hustle team is what they really like. of course having a guy of dwight's caliber is a bonus for them.
                      they hate fans that root for magic because of dwight, they understand business and they hate dwight twice as they hate shaq. how dwight held their team hostage for the past year. they were really shocked how dwight evolved into a douche towards the end of his contract..
                      they hate a team winning 40-42 games knowing they will be mediocre and wont be building a team winning a chip..they know their only way building a winning team is through draft. they better draft a wing next time they pick first, picking a center would be devastating for them..

Comment

Working...
                      X