Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Lemieux vs. Martin Murray

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemieux, however Murray isn't a middleweight anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Lemieux wins. He wouldn't stop Murray, and I don't think he's even a better boxer, but Murrays cover and flurry tactics simply aren't enough to win fights at the top level. Unless Lemieux were to gas or something he wins the fight on activity and aggression alone.
      Since when did Lemieux become "top level"? Since getting stopped by the great Rubio? Since beating Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam, who Peter Quillin had already defeated? Lemieux would get destroyed against guys like Arthur Abraham and George Groves. And see how bad he did against Golovkin, compared to Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
        Since when did Lemieux become "top level"? Since getting stopped by the great Rubio? Since beating Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam, who Peter Quillin had already defeated? Lemieux would get destroyed against guys like Arthur Abraham and George Groves. And see how bad he did against Golovkin, compared to Murray.
        Ahhh. Definitions. Fights between contenders or champions in (roughly) the top 10 of a division are 'top level' for me. OK though, as I said I'm not even saying that Lemieux would do better than Murray against other fighters... or that he is indeed better, merely that I think that Lemieux would win. Murrays conservative cover and counter style is just bad at winning fights when he can't count on favourable judging. Simply put Murray just doesn't throw enough leather, or hard enough to win rounds. I rate Murray. I also rate Lemieux, but in different ways - that's simply how I think the styles play out.

You want me to talk about Lemieuxs youth and inexperience when he fought Rubio and Alcine? We can do that. We can discuss Murrays performances against Khomitsky too if you like. N'Dam? Very good fighter in my book, boxed the snot out Quillin and in my book Lemieux too for long stretches ... not quite sure what your point is there. Abraham? Maybe at 160, but I think the Abraham of today is a toothless old bear. Groves? Hmmm. Yeah - actually I like that fight. Reportedly Lemieux doesn't have an easy time making 160 so I'd be interested to see how he fares at SMW.

EDIT: And against GGG I don't think either won a round, did they? Murrays very durable and conservative whereas Lemieux is aggressive and leaves himself more open. This proves what exactly about a fight between the two?
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 07-11-2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

But you both agree on Murray winning, right?
          I didn't agree on anything,what you on about?....don't do drugs kids!

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Ahhh. Definitions. Fights between contenders or champions in (roughly) the top 10 of a division are 'top level' for me. OK though, as I said I'm not even saying that Lemieux would do better than Murray against other fighters... or that he is indeed better, merely that I think that Lemieux would win. Murrays conservative cover and counter style is just bad at winning fights when he can't count on favourable judging. Simply put Murray just doesn't throw enough leather, or hard enough to win rounds. I rate Murray. I also rate Lemieux, but in different ways - that's simply how I think the styles play out.

You want me to talk about Lemieuxs youth and inexperience when he fought Rubio and Alcine? We can do that. We can discuss Murrays performances against Khomitsky too if you like. N'Dam? Very good fighter in my book, boxed the snot out Quillin and in my book Lemieux too for long stretches ... not quite sure what your point is there. Abraham? Maybe at 160, but I think the Abraham of today is a toothless old bear. Groves? Hmmm. Yeah - actually I like that fight. Reportedly Lemieux doesn't have an easy time making 160 so I'd be interested to see how he fares at SMW.

EDIT: And against GGG I don't think either won a round, did they? Murrays very durable and conservative whereas Lemieux is aggressive and leaves himself more open. This proves what exactly about a fight between the two?
            That would be a fun fight....groves would stop him tho...if he didn't gas...Mc'Lovin likes this fight

Comment

Lemieux is sloppy and very overrated. If Murray can still make the weight OK he takes it. He's got enough technical ability to out think Lemieux.

Comment

Lemieux. Murray can take a beating but struggles to give it back against active hard hitters. Lemieux will bully him all night and could very well stop him, he is the hardest hitter at MW.

You've also got to wonder how much heart is left in Martin Murray. He has been squashed time and time again when he steps up, he's had so many title shots slip through his fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Lemieux is sloppy and very overrated. If Murray can still make the weight OK he takes it. He's got enough technical ability to out think Lemieux.
                  I think the only reason why Lemieux became so overrated is that people tried to justify him as being a Golovkin opponent.

Comment

I think the only reason why Lemieux became so overrated is that people tried to justify him as being a Golovkin opponent.
                    ^ This. Look at the way HBO desperately tried to sell Lemieux in his last fight against a broken Tapia, all the while hinting, "Hey, he's legit and that makes Golovkin legit."
                    That was literally the saddest, most scripted, shameless, and propogandized commentary I've ever heard.

Comment

Bad fight for Murray who likes to impose his strength on the inside, I think he'd actually get stopped whether that be his corner throwing in the towel or a TKO.

Comment

Working...
                      X