Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Ariza sounds off on Freddie Roach defamation lawsuit [Interview]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any cliff notes? I'm on my phone and my eyes hurt reading that wall of text lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
      Any cliff notes? I'm on my phone and my eyes hurt reading that wall of text lol.
      Allegedly, Pacquiao does not know he has a team of lawyers representing him in America. Ariza said that he spoke to Pacquiao who had no idea that he refused to attend a deposition.

Ariza implied that this makes Pacquiao look bad and wonders if that is Bob Arum's intention. He said that if someone does something Arum dislikes, he will try to ruin their life and used Mickey Garcia as an example (Former fighter of the year put on the shelf when he wanted to leave Top Rank).

Comment

poor pac man lol arum ruined this guy but hes still an atg in my book, u cant let people jerk u around like this man

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
          WTF??! you're the TS

Comment

Originally posted by CounTaLL View Post
            WTF??! you're the TS
            I know lmao, I ain't even read it yet.

But actually, I'm working on it right now. Interesting tidbit about him accusing Arum of Rios testing positive in China.

Comment

Originally posted by CounTaLL View Post
              WTF??! you're the TS
              That's exactly what I thought. Unfortunately, I don't care enough about the story to read something that lengthy.

Comment

A lot of this is probably true.

The only part i have doubts is about Manny saying he would still show up at the disposition to speak for the lawsuit against roach. Hes always been loyal to roach and it would be really awkward being that he still is working with him for his next fight.

maybe he didnt know anything about it or maybe that was just BS. He seems like he dont want to get involved in this stuff

Comment

OK I finally read it all. They're treating Manny like dirt is all it really is. They either think he's extremely stupid or they are just being real sneaky like Ariza said. Arum is hiring all these lawyers to represent Pac behind his back. Pac had no idea!

I also found the part about the Rios incident very interesting. Surely Ariza knows that by blaming Arum for Rios testing positive in some sort of elaborate scheme could land a lawsuit against HIM too? I made another thread entirely on that subject though.

Comment

Remember when Ariza was with Pacquiao and fight hype thought he was shady and a cheat, now that he has been in camp with Floyd he and Ben are boys now, haha.

Comment

At the end of the day, Ariza should just be thankful he doesnt work at 24hr fitness anymore and he is in the position he is in. Defamation lawsuits from people that are well off financially have always reminded me of a greedy person just plain out being a pu$$y.

Comment

Working...
                      X