No announcement yet.

Afghan mob beats and burns woman to death

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
    There are many Muslims in the U.S.......when was the last time a mob here did this?
    Interesting you should say that and it points to why religion has been neutered in the west. Christianity lost it's power because of democracy and capitalism.

This murder is an example of what happens when you do not separate church and state. When you allow the church (mosque in this case) to run the government.

In the west it doesn't happen because we don't allow it to happen. Yet when polls come out about what even moderate Muslims believe, it's shocking. Something like 43% of Muslims in Europe believed that death for apostasy was acceptable.

An even higher percentage believed that Sharia law should be a viable option for Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
      Interesting you should say that and it points to why religion has been neutered in the west. Christianity lost it's power because of democracy and capitalism.

This murder is an example of what happens when you do not separate church and state. When you allow the church (mosque in this case) to run the government.

In the west it doesn't happen because we don't allow it to happen. Yet when polls come out about what even moderate Muslims believe, it's shocking. Something like 43% of Muslims in Europe believed that death for apostasy was acceptable.

An even higher percentage believed that Sharia law should be a viable option for Europe.
      Which, once again, points to my argument for ignorance being the culprit.

You and I are not so very far apart here, as I also attested that it is our sense of law which keeps mob violence, due to ignorance, in check.

I have no doubt that that "Christian" (and I use the term loosely) anti-gay group which keeps showing up at soldier's funerals would be prone to violence were it not for order. Nor do I think with all the racial tensions of recent years that it is impossible to imagine absolute anarchy against the various police departments, were it not for the threat of harsher repercussions.

Religion is a vehicle of "ignorance" in this case. Islam is in an earlier stage of its evolution than Christianity is. It already has different splinter groups which are at odds with each other, just as Protestants, Cathlics, Orhthodox, and Coptics were at odds with each other centuries ago.

Currently, there are some 38,0000 Christian sects around the globe. Given enough time, I see the same thing happening to Islam as more education spreads, allowing members of the religion to see a bigger picture than what their quarantined view allows them to see now.

Ignorance is the key. People have the need to hold on to something they feel is solid in a confusing existence. The fact is, they want to believe in God; and that God spoke to little old "us". The world in which these current religions was born was a violent place; and since change takes time, the traditions of those barbaric times hold on until education and logic can overtake them.

People, by and large, will always feel the need to believe in something greater than themselves, that there is some order in the universe, that there is some meaning to life. So, a belief in God will never go away.

The archaic echoes of a time long gone is what must be overcome in this search for "God".

And only education and time can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
        Which, once again, points to my argument for ignorance being the culprit.

You and I are not so very far apart here, as I also attested that it is our sense of law which keeps mob violence, due to ignorance, in check.

I have no doubt that that "Christian" (and I use the term loosely) anti-gay group which keeps showing up at soldier's funerals would be prone to violence were it not for order. Nor do I think with all the racial tensions of recent years that it is impossible to imagine absolute anarchy against the various police departments, were it not for the threat of harsher repercussions.

Religion is a vehicle of "ignorance" in this case. Islam is in an earlier stage of its evolution than Christianity is. It already has different splinter groups which are at odds with each other, just as Protestants, Cathlics, Orhthodox, and Coptics were at odds with each other centuries ago.

Currently, there are some 38,0000 Christian sects around the globe. Given enough time, I see the same thing happening to Islam as more education spreads, allowing members of the religion to see a bigger picture than what their quarantined view allows them to see now.

Ignorance is the key. People have the need to hold on to something they feel is solid in a confusing existence. The fact is, they want to believe in God; and that God spoke to little old "us". The world in which these current religions was born was a violent place; and since change takes time, the traditions of those barbaric times hold on until education and logic can overtake them.

People, by and large, will always feel the need to believe in something greater than themselves, that there is some order in the universe, that there is some meaning to life. So, a belief in God will never go away.

The archaic echoes of a time long gone is what must be overcome in this search for "God".

And only education and time can do that.
        I disagree and I will tell you why. You claim ignorance as the factor, but statistics have shows time and time again that people who carry out terrorists acts, are not poorly educated in the least.

On the contrary, we have seen instance like the 9/11 hijackers, where they were college educated and from upper middle income families. Yet they chose martyrdom as a viable option, from an obvious radicalization of Islam.

I also disagree that the Westborough Baptist Church would resort to violence had laws not been in place to stop that. First off, Christianity is very different in it's core beliefs and tenants to Islam. Jesus' last testament was love and he was about peace at all costs.

It's one of the reasons Christians tend to lean towards peace today, as opposed to violence. Of course if you go back in history that changes but that's another discussion all together.

I do agree that Islam hasn't gone through it's reformation, and I feel confident it will. I just cannot accept that it's lack of education, poverty or any other social ill that has more of an influence than religion. I'm sure they play a part, but why are not Christian Palestinians blowing themselves up like Muslim Palestinians are?

Ideology and dogma play a big part.

Comment

Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
          I disagree and I will tell you why. You claim ignorance as the factor, but statistics have shows time and time again that people who carry out terrorists acts, are not poorly educated in the least.

On the contrary, we have seen instance like the 9/11 hijackers, where they were college educated and from upper middle income families. Yet they chose martyrdom as a viable option, from an obvious radicalization of Islam.

I also disagree that the Westborough Baptist Church would resort to violence had laws not been in place to stop that. First off, Christianity is very different in it's core beliefs and tenants to Islam. Jesus' last testament was love and he was about peace at all costs.

It's one of the reasons Christians tend to lean towards peace today, as opposed to violence. Of course if you go back in history that changes but that's another discussion all together.

I do agree that Islam hasn't gone through it's reformation, and I feel confident it will. I just cannot accept that it's lack of education, poverty or any other social ill that has more of an influence than religion. I'm sure they play a part, but why are not Christian Palestinians blowing themselves up like Muslim Palestinians are?

Ideology and dogma play a big part.
          No disagreement on the "ideology and dogma" playing a big part; but I would attribute that, once again, to where Islam is in it's current development.

Concerning Palestinian Christians, same thing. They are still 21st century Palestinian Christians and their religion is still more evolved than current Islam because it is older; but I will not discount ideology where it comes to suicide bombing, even though there were a group of Christians in the first couple of centuries after the religion's foundation who sought to die in battle.....overall, it's against the grain, even though Crusaders were guaranteed a place in heaven by the Pope.

Hypothetically, if there were more Christians in that region of the world than Muslims, it would not surprise me if the Muslims were the victims of persecution from those Christians, I might add, though.

Concerning the Westborough Baptist Church, I could not disagree with you more. I don't think those people, who have no shame, would have any problem terrorizing if not for the restraints of law.

I won't touch on the alleged hijackers of 9/11 because I have completely different feelings on that issue which is not relevant to this thread.

Comment

where are the white knights of boxingscene.

Comment

Working...
            X