Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker TKOs His Mother In Norfolk Court

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pernell "Sweet Pea" Whitaker TKOs His Mother In Norfolk Court

http://www.wvec.com/my-city/norfolk/...247259271.html

Saw this on one of our local news stations. He moved his mom into a nice house 30 years ago. Now he's had her evicted so he can sell the house because he needs the money....

Congratulations Pernell on notching your 41st victory and ending your 4 fight winless streak.

Comment

So he didn't buy her a house he just let her live there rent free. Not much he can do if he's in debt they'd take it eventually anyway.

Comment

WTF.... I'm in Norfolk.... how do I not hear of this?

Comment

Wow. Sad and bizarre. How the world turns.

When I read the thread title, I thought Pernell knocked his moms out in court. lol

Comment

pernell made the stenographer quit in fifth too.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Wow. Sad and bizarre. How the world turns.

When I read the thread title, I thought Pernell knocked his moms out in court. lol
              LMAO I thought the exact same thing! First thought was what a fucking scumbag LOL It's still early, I get a pass haha

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                LMAO I thought the exact same thing! First thought was what a fucking scumbag LOL It's still early, I get a pass haha
                lmao

Comment

It's difficult to comment on without seeing the whole picture. Generally speaking if you own a home, but someone is living there, it can be a greater liability. You don't want someone staying in a building and not maintaining it, and or incurring other costs.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    It's difficult to comment on without seeing the whole picture. Generally speaking if you own a home, but someone is living there, it can be a greater liability. You don't want someone staying in a building and not maintaining it, and or incurring other costs.
                    The home would seem to be mortgage-free, since Whitaker bought it thirty years ago, but the taxes never go away. It's sad and strange that Pernell should feel the need to evict his own mother. It appears he no longer has the means to support his mother or the house he bought her. I don't understand why they couldn't just talk this out. It's as if she simply refused to go. In either case, she would've been forced to vacate, as the government would've eventually seized the property for non-payment of taxes. As distasteful as it all looks, Whitaker probably did the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X