No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia is not world champion yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mikey Garcia is not world champion yet

All parading around like he has already won this fight SMH! Its making me want to see Salido blast him tbh just to p1ss on your bonfires.

This kid still has a task at hand and if you think Salido is shot, made for him or is simply going to lie down, you're mistaken.

How many times are people going to totally dismiss Salido and overlook him, seriously? It reminds me how everyone used to always say Froch would lose, he was to slow & he'd always be the underdog.

Salido ain't no bum, he isn't a world champion by accident. He came up the hard way & has the most deceptive record in boxing.

Do not take Salido for granted, he is a fine fighter.

I am not saying he will win but I am saying he is a threat and this won't be no walk in the park.

You may feel Salido is made for him, I don't.
    Salido struggles with movement, Garcia is an upright, fairly static 1-2 fighter. He is not a combination puncher with good movement. He has a bit of a European style IMO strange for a Mexican.

But yeah, I wouldn't make the mistake of celebrating prematurely.

Comment

there is much more craft and skill involved in what Salido does than is generally given credit for, it seems. this fellow is by far the best opponent Mikey will have faced.

Comment

Salido is going to stop him in the 8th or 9th round.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          there is much more craft and skill involved in what Salido does than is generally given credit for, it seems. this fellow is by far the best opponent Mikey will have faced.

He is definitely the best he will of faced, this is a big step up!
          I like both guys but really don't think we should be taking Salido for granted.

When Salido is counted out, that is when he is most dangerous IMO.

He has only what I'd call 2 legitimate losses in over a decade and those came to Marquez & Gamboa!

Comment

He isn't. But tonight he will be imo. I'm a Mikey fan. I like the way he was brought along. I like his patience. His poster, he's technically sound & I think he's the truth. This is in no way a knock on Salido. If a young fighter is to become an elite world champion (to be taken seriously), this is how you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BornToLive View Post

That wouldn't surprise me.

There is a lot of questions regarding Mikey and Salido is the man to answer them.
              I'm really surprised so many think Mikey has this rather easily. I don't think see it that way at all.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
                This is very true.
                Originally posted by BornToLive View Post
                Im thinking a Salido stoppage too.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  All parading around like he has already won this fight SMH! Its making me want to see Salido blast him tbh just to p1ss on your bonfires.

This kid still has a task at hand and if you think Salido is shot, made for him or is simply going to lie down, you're mistaken.

How many times are people going to totally dismiss Salido and overlook him, seriously?It reminds me how everyone used to always say Froch would lose, he was to slow & he'd always be the underdog.

Salido ain't no bum, he isn't a world champion by accident. He came up the hard way & has the most deceptive record in boxing.

Do not take Salido for granted, he is a fine fighter.

I am not saying he will win but I am saying he is a threat and this won't be no walk in the park.

You may feel Salido is made for him, I don't.
                  Salido struggles with movement, Garcia is an upright, fairly static 1-2 fighter. He is not a combination puncher with good movement. He has a bit of a European style IMO strange for a Mexican.

But yeah, I wouldn't make the mistake of celebrating prematurely.
                  Some how I knew you'd find a way to incorparate an english fighter in your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                    Some how I knew you'd find a way to incorparate an english fighter in your argument.

Yeah because I am always speaking so highly of English fighters *rolls eyes*

Comment

Working...
                    X