No announcement yet.

Official 2010 MLB Postseason Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sigrab View Post
    I thought you meant elite pitching compared to competition during any particular year.

I didn't know you meant ATG elite pitching.
    I mean a truly elite pitching staff, I can't ever recall their entire lineup being bulletproof a la the 70s A's or 90's Braves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
      I mean a truly elite pitching staff, I can't ever recall their entire lineup being bulletproof a la the 70s A's or 90's Braves.
      No argument here about the all time list.

But I was referring to an elite group compared to other staff within the same yr.

Let's take this season's staff for example...

CC, AJ, Andy, Phil, Javier + their stud bullpen.

That staff is definitely up there, at least on paper.

That's what I meant when I said elite pitching.

Comment

• I remember a couple of years ago, Job rookie cards at $300-$1000

I wonder how big of a hit that took.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          One thing Yankees did, was ruin Joba. They should have just kept him as the setup man for Rivera and just wait till Rivera retires to make Joba the new closer.

Now his arm is shot, it's an event when he hits 96 on the gun, and his slider+fastball combo isn't fooling anyone anymore. Of the three Kennedy, Joba, and Hughes, only Hughes has been a successful Starter. Ian Kennedy, I forgot what team he's in but he didn't have a good season.
          The Rockies lit up Ian Kennedy a few times I know. He pitches for the Diamondbacks.

Comment

No argument here about the all time list.

But I was referring to an elite group compared to other staff within the same yr.

Let's take this season's staff for example...

CC, AJ, Andy, Phil, Javier + their stud bullpen.

That staff is definitely up there, at least on paper.

That's what I meant when I said elite pitching.
            The problem with including guys like CC and other high-profile free agents is I don't consider them Yankees - CC is a career Indian. I think my main point is the Yankees don't have a history of developing elite pitching in their own system.

Comment

• Lol @ the commentators calling Zito "The highest paid cheerleader in the MLB".

Comment

Lol @ the commentators calling Zito "The highest paid cheerleader in the MLB".
                Yet another elite pitcher developed by the A's and ripped away

Comment

I remember a couple of years ago, Job rookie cards at $300-$1000

I wonder how big of a hit that took.
                  Do you think if Joba wasn't a Yankee he would have gotten as much hype as he did?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    The problem with including guys like CC and other high-profile free agents is I don't consider them Yankees - CC is a career Indian. I think my main point is the Yankees don't have a history of developing elite pitching in their own system.
                    Point taken.

The Yankees aren't known for developing pitchers from their farm.

They let other teams develop their own and they buy them afterwards.

Comment

Point taken.

The Yankees aren't known for developing pitchers from their farm.

They let other teams develop their own and they buy them afterwards.
                      A's fans will never forgive the Yanks for the Catfish Hunter signing which started it all (even though Charlie Finley is just as much to blame). If it wasn't for that we'd have won five straight

Comment

Working...
                      X