Collapse
No announcement yet.

heavy bags are overrated

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like sparring some evading drills better.

Comment

Originally posted by dino View Post
      They don't do anything or help you in any kinda way
      hey fat ass, stop being a lazy bum and try hitting it for a change. maybe all that goo will go down and you can shed 200 pounds. that way, you could be considered very fat and not obese

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=266406

Comment

yes, the heavy bag is a fighters best friend, absolutely.

Comment

Originally posted by Leakbeak View Post
            Because you're a lazy **** who can't motivate himself to work the bag. That is why you need to do pads as well as bags. The pads might be harder, but the bags teach you how to implement it into a fighting scenario by pushing yourself to do the things the pads made you do.

Focus pads and a coach are highly motivational, and non-lazy non-bums will excel on the heavy bag. It doesn't do anything for you because you're not pushing yourself which is an important weapon in a fighters arsenal. You might need to do some punch out drills on them too. Every man and his dog including the greatest (see avatar) has used the heavy bag to their advantage.
            That is it right there, I just got into doing some punch out drills. Best stuff ever. Punch out drills are killer, I never knew I could sweat so much and feel the push mentally it takes to finish, I love it.

What boxer, ever, has NOT used the heavy bag? None, and if they had they weren't boxers for long.

Comment

The heavy bag isn't as useful as the pads or the floor to ceiling ball, but for developing power, arm endurance and overall fitness it's pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Aperion View Post
                That is it right there, I just got into doing some punch out drills. Best stuff ever. Punch out drills are killer, I never knew I could sweat so much and feel the push mentally it takes to finish, I love it.

What boxer, ever, has NOT used the heavy bag? None, and if they had they weren't boxers for long.
                Exactly! Just refer to my avy again if in doubt! I do three minute rounds with one minute punch outs. I do three rounds of straight punches and four rounds of left hook and right cross non-stop. Not only is it akiller which boosts your stamina and increases your will power, but it makes the cross-hook combos into muscle memeroy. If you are one of the people who do not keep their feet planted and turn on the hook, these punch out drills will make your combos alot faster as the more times you repeat turning over your hook and then crossing, the more it becomes muscle memory

Originally posted by RealDeal '86 View Post
                The heavy bag isn't as useful as the pads or the floor to ceiling ball, but for developing power, arm endurance and overall fitness it's pretty good.
                It is a completely different type of training to both of them methods. You train different things on all them three things. I do not believe you read my earlier post(quoted by Aperion) to find out why it is just as important as them, and why you need to use both pads and bags.

Comment

Wow this guys a bum. A real fat bum you should try the james tony diet, fries and all.

Comment

The bag is extremely useful to burn in proper mechanics. And it's a great workout. But to the original poster's point, it has limitations.

Comment

i like bags tho.

Comment

Working...
                      X