Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steel Bodies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane Mosley. I cant remember many hard shots that he took. I also cant remember him ever retreating from a body shot either.

Comment

So Hagler, Vitali, Jones, Ali, Leonard, Duran, Toney and Ajose Olusegun. Okay thanks guys. I got the idea for this from a Jones fight I saw where Larry Merchant said, after Jones stopped an opponent on mostly body shots that we often hear about fighters having good chins, but maybe this particular opponent had a glass stomach.

Comment

Ali is the first to come to mind, followed by Toney.

Ali even finished fights strong in which he took hammerings to the body.

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Shane Mosley. I cant remember many hard shots that he took. I also cant remember him ever retreating from a body shot either.
        Forrest made him squeal like a stuck pig in the 10th round of their fight. He was in trouble and in visible pain but gutted it out and survived the round and lasted the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          We often talk about fighters that have had the best chins or steel chins, but what about boxers that have historically had or currently have the toughest bodies or are great at taking body shots and keep going at their opponent? Who would fit into this category?
          Any boxer who managed to take the crunching body blows of Billy Petrolle and actually managed to beat him, I'd start with those guys, whoever they were.

Comment

Working...
          X