No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Escobedo Target Broner's Belt After Smith Blowout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Escobedo Target Broner's Belt After Smith Blowout

WOODLAND, CALIF. – A sellout crowd at the Woodland Senior Center witnessed a triumphant return for hometown hero Vicente Escobedo, who pounded out a surprising first-round stoppage of Lonnie Smith Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

make it happen oscar

Comment

if he tries to knock broner out in the first round then they will have to wake up up with the smelling salt. broner is no joke

Comment

Not interested.

Comment

This wouldn't end well for Escobedo. Broner VIA stoppage within 6.

Comment

A good test for Broner. do it.

Comment

i didn't think it wouldv'e ended so quickly but vs Broner a big step up & he's got a porus defense...Smith was just the perfect opponent...

Comment

I'm not interested. I'd rather see Broner go for Salgado to grab the IBF title. Unify. Escobedo is nothing more than an alright defense of his title. He'll knock him out.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                  I'm not interested. I'd rather see Broner go for Salgado to grab the IBF title. Unify. Escobedo is nothing more than an alright defense of his title. He'll knock him out.
                  Escobedo is a good win depending on who fights him.

Different fighters, different standards.

Good win for Guerrero, cause the guy's resume is so empty at his age/point of career, you have to mention Casamayor, Katsidis and Escobedo as great wins for his standards. But on Broner's resume, Escobedo would be "another bum being fed to a black HBO hypejob". Cause a lot of fans are so threatened by this kids future at 22, that the Escobedo's of the world would made to look like a terrible win for him.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Escobedo is a good win depending on who fights him.

Different fighters, different standards.

Good win for Guerrero, cause the guy's resume is so empty at his age/point of career, you have to mention Casamayor, Katsidis and Escobedo as great wins for his standards. But on Broner's resume, Escobedo would be "another bum being fed to a black HBO hypejob". Cause a lot of fans are so threatened by this kids future at 22, that the Escobedo's of the world would made to look like a terrible win for him.
                    I know. People on NSB and a ton of boxing fans in general seem to think that any black fighter that is with Al Haymon and gets HBO or SHO exposure is a black hype job, it's ridiculous. Peter Quillin just announced he was going with Haymon now, and even people started just talking random s**t about Quillin. Escobedo would be nothing more than a decent defense/win right now. He should just try to unify the titles at 130 and than move up to 135. What sucks is that the odds of Broner eventually fighting the Rios-Gamboa winner, Lopez, Garcia, is very slim. Golden Boy and Top Rank will probablyn ever come together for fights like that, which is sad.

Comment

Working...
                    X