Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will women's boxing ever become popular?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
    It gets treated like irrelevant gargabe so no. Sad how wmma blew right pass women's boxing in like 2-3 yrs.
    Allot of that is down to Ronda Rousey.

Comment

I wonder the same about WMMA, although its doing alright with a girl like Ronda. It's still largely treated as a science experiment and most fans of MMA don't take it very seriously at all... not to mention the striking is ATROCIOUS. If Rousey wasn't around though WMMA would be limited to Bellator and Invicta.

I don't think I've ever actually seen a live Female Boxing match before.

The only female sport I can think of that does reasonably well as far as I know is Tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
        I'm a all for women's rights but I find it pretty difficult to watch women try knock seven bells outta each other. Do you guys think it'll ever get popular? I only know Ann Wolfe and Laila Ali lol
        idk i love watching the girl fighters they fight harder than the dudes som,time maybe not mainstream but they are popular to some of those hard core fans i respect the **** out of them

Comment

Originally posted by VicariousVice View Post
          I wonder the same about WMMA, although its doing alright with a girl like Ronda. It's still largely treated as a science experiment and most fans of MMA don't take it very seriously at all... not to mention the striking is ATROCIOUS. If Rousey wasn't around though WMMA would be limited to Bellator and Invicta.

I don't think I've ever actually seen a live Female Boxing match before.

The only female sport I can think of that does reasonably well as far as I know is Tennis.
          I watched one a few months back. Heavyweight.... there was like 90lb difference between the two!!!
          Fatty was getting outboxed then landed and finished lol

Comment

Professional sports is dependent on marketable stars. You get somebody like Ronda Rousey in boxing the popularity will follow.

You need a hot girl with GGG skills and power.

Comment

Working...
            X