Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should points be taken away for running?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
    Is it not a combat sport ******? Sure hit and not get hit, but key word HIT!
    Haha. For real. What is this? Ballet now?

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
      Yes, I know certain people on here will say "well you can't appreciate a fighter who moves." That's bull****,certain guys really do run. Oscar did it the last few rounds vs tito, Lara damn well did it the whole fight with canelo, and many others have done the same. It's not movement, it's running, huge difference. If excessive clinching gets penalized then so should runners.
      No. Boxing is not a street fight, It's an art form to hit and not be hit. What you call "running" is the movement, footwork and defensive elements of boxing. It's as important a offensive elements.

Boxing is a game of chess not checkers, It's not about standing up, brawling or trading punches. Fighters who can't play chess usually don't last long in the high levels of the sport

Comment

it the word of Larry merchant speaking about when a fighter who was winning started losing "not when your fight plan becomes a flight plan"

Running is not ring generalship, but alot of people DKSAB so they cant separate the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Cut Man View Post
          No. Boxing is not a street fight, It's an art form to hit and not be hit. What you call "running" is the movement, footwork and defensive elements of boxing. It's as important a offensive elements.

Boxing is a game of chess not checkers, It's not about standing up, brawling or trading punches. Fighters who can't play chess usually don't last long in the high levels of the sport
          Sometimes guys do flat out run. Call it movement all you want, but come on. Don't the fans deserve two see a fight?

These chess matches usually only happen when two guys have a lot to lose and aren't willing to engage. In that case, go ahead and retire please.

Comment

Originally posted by Cut Man View Post

I know what movement is, thanks. What Lara did or dirrel has done is not movement. Stop acting like you know some secretive ****.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
              Exactly my point. I remember going into work the day after the Mayweather-Mosley fight. People talked about it. They said the first two rounds were solid and the rest was a track meet. That's not good for boxing at all.
              I'm just going to ask, did you even watch that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by fighter1234 View Post
                I'm just going to ask, did you even watch that fight?
                Yeah, it was pretty good at first but.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hey, it was not that bad, but people using the word track meet does not suggest entertainment when talking about a fight.

De La Hoya running the last three rounds against Trinidad is a prime example. I'm glad he paid for it.

Comment

Exactly my point. I remember going into work the day after the Mayweather-Mosley fight. People talked about it. They said the first two rounds were solid and the rest was a track meet. That's not good for boxing at all.
                  Mayweather-Mosley was not a track meet. Somebody lied to you.

Comment

I recall watching the movie Cinderella Man where Braddock is fighting a guy and the fight is lackluster. So do they let it go on? No. They stop it and call a no contest. I think it is a good ruling.

I think the same thing about running. I know a lot of guys use movement, but some are just flat out running. At one point in his fight with Howard Eastman, Bernard Hopkins flat out turned his back and ran away.

Shouldn't points be taken away when a "fighter" does this?
                    What constitutes running is a matter of opinion. If fighters don't fight, they lose the round and eventually lose the fight. Hopkins defeated Eastman.

Comment

This thread is embarrassing

Comment

Working...
                      X