Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd Mayweather Jr unify the titles @ 154 if he wanted to?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    He already has the WBC,WBA and Ring....yes he can beat Molina for the IBF...hell who got the WBO?
    At catch weights?

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
      whats the point he just schooled the best in the division.
      who canelo ?..

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
        who canelo ?..
        and guerrero 147..:AOR:

Comment

Originally posted by mrspecial321 View Post
          How would Lara be the best in the division when he drew with both Molina, and Vanes Martirosyan who were, and still are, as good as him until proven otherwise?

But no, Canelo was, pre-Maywether, the best in the division because he beat Trout, who was apparently the best in the division after he beat Cotto.

At least, that`s what I gather from reading the various Trout vs Cotto pre and post fight threads on this site, where it was said that Canelo would never fight Trout because Trout was too good and too slick.

It`s kind of amusing really. It seems that today's Boogeyman that everyone is avoiding is tomorrows bum that everyone quickly forgets.

I guess when Lara loses, which he came perilously close to doing against Angulo, people desperate to find a credible challenge for Mayweather will move on to someone else.

Floyds ducking Molina! Floyds ducking Jermall Charlo! Lol...
          Actually you are incorrect about people revising history. The majority of fans had Trout beating Canelo. There is a blog run by a guy who keeps note of fans' and reporters' scoring of fights. His blog is called 'Fight Score Collector'. I remember he came into this very forum and asked us what our scores were, and he used those scores in his tally. I'll leave the link here:

http://fightscorecollector.blogspot....-stats-by.html

So you expect me to believe that the fans thought Canelo was the best at light middleweight, a beast, but they also believed he lost to Trout? That doesn't make any sense.

As for Lara being the best at light middleweight, I think it is almost indisputable. As mentioned, the majority had Trout beating Alvarez. Trout also beat Cotto. The only person to beat Trout, then, was Lara. The 2 draws you mentioned were against top 10 light middleweights, and draws are not losses. Lara was the victim of a robbery against Williams and the only other person to beat Williams at 154 was Martinez and he needed 2 attempts to do it.

Comment

I think the problem is that people cant accept and are mad that the best boxer to ever lace up a pair of gloves is a:
            Trash talking, Boastful, Young, Super Rich, Loud Mouth Black Man.
            I think its eating them alive.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              that was the best....let me guess because he held a meaningless trinket? :WORD:
              Yep that was the best, and he unified the meaningless trinkets and was the universally recognized best in the divion.

I'm sorry it wasn't margarito when pac fought him at 154 ;-)

Comment

Yes, yes he could

Comment

Originally posted by blacraven View Post
                  I think the problem is that people cant accept and are mad that the best boxer to ever lace up a pair of gloves is a:
                  Trash talking, Boastful, Young, Super Rich, Loud Mouth Black Man.
                  I think its eating them alive.
                  This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    that was the best....let me guess because he held a meaningless trinket? :WORD:
                    Canelo likely beats every jmw not named Floyd. I think he could beat Lara honestly

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                      If he WANTED to, do you think he could do it?
                      It don't count when you drain your opponent to 152

Comment

Working...
                      X