Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people criticize Floyd for fighting Baldomir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He didn't fight Margarito because of Arum, Who says Margarito would had been a more difficult challenge, who says it would had been a better win.

Comment

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
      He didn't fight Margarito because of Arum, Who says Margarito would had been a more difficult challenge, who says it would had been a better win.
      Because, Baldomir couldn't hold Margarito jockstrap.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        I see that the TS and Reload trying to take a shot at Pac. But, out of curiosity from Flyweight to junior Welterweight. What lineal title did Pac win at a catch-weight? Pretty sure

From Flyweight to Junior Welterweight is a span of 8 divisions. And, he won 4 lineal titles from Flyweight to Junior Welterweight. Which one was at a catch-weight?

And, Mannie Phresh is right. Because, he avoided Margarito to fight a weaker challenger.
        I cant say a bad thing about Pac untill after Diaz then all the CW cherry picking BS started and its still going on today , Pac was an elite fighter and they carefully cherry picked his career from 135 on .

Even if I was a Pac fan to claim 8 titles is pathetic , how the fuk can you claim a 154 title , pathetic that was a paper title not worth the paper its written on , you boys are all about hype and name dropping , when was the last time Pac fought a in top form fighter not coming of big losses ,, JMM and thats a fact .

Comment

I think he gets more **** retrospectively. It was a horrible fight to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by FootWork777 View Post
            Carlos was the lineal WW champion and had just defeated Zab Judah. Sure Carlos was far from great but he was the legitimate champion. At least Floyd didn't fight him at a catch weight for a vacant belt. The fight probably shouldn't have been on PPV.
            Probably because 10 beat him before Floyd did, and maybe because he was slow, and also because people think Pac would have beat him in 4 rounds as opposed to 10 rounds or so like Floyd did.

Comment

Floyd gets credit for beating the Lineal Champion. But lets not act like he was a better fight than Margarito. Also, Baldomir might just be the worst Lineal Champion in the history of boxing.

Margarito would have been the better win. Floyd told Margarito he would fight him down the line, he didn't.

That's all there is to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                I cant say a bad thing about Pac untill after Diaz then all the CW cherry picking BS started and its still going on today , Pac was an elite fighter and they carefully cherry picked his career from 135 on .

Even if I was a Pac fan to claim 8 titles is pathetic , how the fuk can you claim a 154 title , pathetic that was a paper title not worth the paper its written on , you boys are all about hype and name dropping , when was the last time Pac fought a in top form fighter not coming of big losses ,, JMM and thats a fact .
                Nobody is claiming 8 titles in this thread. Again from Flyweight-Junior Welterweight is a span of 8 weight-classes. Count them, from 112-140 is a span of 8 weight-classes. And, during those 8 weight-classes he won a record 4 lineal titles. Which one was at a catch-weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                  margarito would have had more credit. but haters do try desperately to discredit a win over a lineal champ.
                  Floyd gets no credit no matter who he beats. He gets no credit for going up to 154lbs and beating DLH for his belt, Hatton was really a jww, Corrales was weight drained, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Floyd gets credit for beating the Lineal Champion. But lets not act like he was a better fight than Margarito. Also, Baldomir might just be the worst Lineal Champion in the history of boxing.

Margarito would have been the better win. Floyd told Margarito he would fight him down the line, he didn't.

That's all there is to it.
                    What always got me about the Marg fight. Is that when Marg approached him face to face like a man and then Floyd did an interview later. He stuttered and said something along the lines of "we're not here to prove who the best it" or something like that. I don't know how anybody can defend that, you know what I mean?

Floyd gets a lot of crap of being a "ducker" and I don't think he's a ducker. Damn near every fighter people claim that Floyd ducked, I never saw those as ducks. But, with the whole Margarito thing, I consider that duck. I think he avoided the hell out of Margarito for whatever reason. He avoided that man.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                      Because, Baldomir couldn't hold Margarito jockstrap.
                      Was Margarito a title holder? Wasn't Floyd offered 8 mill to fight both? Beating the lineal ww champ equals more leverage at the negotiating table.

Comment

Working...
                      X