Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Zimmerman - Murder, Self-Defense or Too Soon to Say?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RwK View Post
    If Treyvon wasn't a 17 year old boy, I would be more neutral.

It's just I don't know that I have the evil to murder a boy. Regardless of size/disposition they're just a boy to me.
    IDK about you but when I was 17, I could have held my own with a fat dude. I definitely wasn't a boy.

I'm still neutral at this point. I still can't believe that he wasn't arrested yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
      And if the media did not report the race of the parties involved, there wouldn't be all these people calling for Zimmerman's head. People would be more willing to approach the situation from a neutral stance, and wait to find out exactly what happened.
      Bingo.

In my neighborhood about two weeks ago a girl (with two kids, one an infant) was shot to death in a driveby while she was just hanging out on her porch. Tragic. Crazy. Senseless.

But no national coverage, no NAACP, no Jesse Jackson. I guess it has to be racial to make the news nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by SammySosa View Post
        Bingo.

In my neighborhood about two weeks ago a girl (with two kids, one an infant) was shot to death in a driveby while she was just hanging out on her porch. Tragic. Crazy. Senseless.

But no national coverage, no NAACP, no Jesse Jackson. I guess it has to be racial to make the news nowadays.

Yup. . . The media coverage white on black crime receives is EXPONENTIALLY disproportionate to the amount of white on black crimes that occur, in comparison to white on white, black on black, or even black on white. . .

The left wing happy media LOOOOOOVVEES its "racist white guy/innocent black guy" stories. . . .

Comment

Well, it just so happens that your reasoning you use to reach your "opinion", is flawed. . . I'm telling you my feelings because I'm basing them on unbiased reasoning, and I'm hoping to find out if you really are just that incredulous. . .THANK GOD you will never have anything to do with the law, and lets hope you never sit on a jury ( didn't you spend serious time in jail?). . .

You are ASSUMING Zimmerman instigated the fight? I'm sorry, but we DO NOT know who instigated the fight! We don't even know if Zimmerman is the one who approached Trayvon?

Yes, it would be vigilante justice if Trayvon punched Zimmerman for no reason, and then began pounding his head on the concrete over nad over again. . .
          You know what pug, I never said GZ insitgated any fight. That's what happens when you act like you know everything but don't know $h!t. I said he instigated the event, the domino effect that ended in a death. Not the fight. Just like you attacking me in another tread for no reason, acting like your the smartest putting question marks at the end of statements.

And no it wouldn't be vigilante justice because TM did nothing wrong when the entire situation began. He was walking in the dark/rain with a hoody on, that's no crime.

Comment

if the other guy had no gun how can it be self defense?

Comment

Yup. . . The media coverage white on black crime receives is EXPONENTIALLY disproportionate to the amount of white on black crimes that occur, in comparison to white on white, black on black, or even black on white. . .

The left wing happy media LOOOOOOVVEES its "racist white guy/innocent black guy" stories. . . .
              It's a tragic event, that is getting WAY too much play on MSNBC.

I tried to balance things out back in the day by switching back and forth between them, and Fox.

But the more I watch, the more I see that a regular, down the middle guy can't, be it white, black, brown, yellow, fuggin purple, just let things unfold, without being called an idiot.

Whether it be this case, or world politics. I still like Rachael Maddow, though. She's a smart cookie. Even if I don't agree with her a lot of the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                You know what pug, I never said GZ insitgated any fight. That's what happens when you act like you know everything but don't know $h!t. I said he instigated the event, the domino effect that ended in a death. Not the fight. Just like you attacking me in another tread for no reason, acting like your the smartest putting question marks at the end of statements.

And no it wouldn't be vigilante justice because TM did nothing wrong when the entire situation began. He was walking in the dark/rain with a hoody on, that's no crime.

You said he instigated "the situation". . . Sorry, but if Trayvon approached him, that's not instigating the situation. . . There are simply too many unknowns to draw the conclusion that Zimmerman instigated "the situation". ..

Yes, Trayvon very well could have not only instigated the situation, but he also would be acting as a violent thug with no mind for humanity if he was smashing his head on the concrete over and over again. . . THAT, is a crime. . .

Comment

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                  I was neutral but now leaning toward self defense.

Judging by the police reports, the witness accounts and Zimmerman's story. I am almost 100% sure that he was attacked by TM what I'm not completely sure of is the severity of the attack. If TM was pounding Zimmerman's head against the floor then it is a clear case for self defense.

When I was teen, I was a skate punk and on many occasions I was targeted by idiotic mall security and overzealous ******s like Zimmerman just because of the way I dressed. Their dumb actions didn't give me the right to attack them and in my case I just verbally abuse them. Had Treyvon done the same he would alive today.
                  About the key witeness...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...t-self-defense

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-last-...87730#46887730

Yeah, something just doesn't sit well with Zimm's story and why the gf's testimony gets left out of many of the headlines describing Zimm's side. Even without her story though, the fact that Zimm lost Martin while following him means a couple of things. Zimm doesn't seem to mention if the person he is following is walking or running, which is important since he seemed to have lost him. Did Martin hop a fence or was he running and Zimm couldn't keep up?

This seems to suggest either way that Zimm wasn't following Martin he was stalking him. If he was following him casually, he wouldn't have lost him. He didn't just lose him on accident. Martin was put on alert for some reason, otherwise why would you care about someone walking behind you?

And stalking and harassment ARE crimes that don't actually involve physical touching. No one can draw a line in the sand saying what actually constitutes a "threat" because everyone is different(See bytches who throw a hissy fit about harassment if a guy so much as looks like he wants to holler at her. Which isn't the norm, but does happen). Who are you to say Trayvon was in in the wrong if he did throw the first punch, if Trayvon did indeed feel "threatened" by Zimmerman's presence?

Zimmerman shouldn't have been doing what he is doing simple as. I don't believe he initially had these kinds of intentions, but it is what is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    if the other guy had no gun how can it be self defense?
                    Is it possible to kill someone with your bare hands?

Can you kill someone by repeatedly smashing their head against concrete?

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
                      About the key witeness...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...t-self-defense

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/the-last-...87730#46887730

Yeah, something just doesn't sit well with Zimm's story and why the gf's testimony gets left out of many of the headlines describing Zimm's side. Even without her story though, the fact that Zimm lost Martin while following him means a couple of things. Zimm doesn't seem to mention if the person he is following is walking or running, which is important since he seemed to have lost him. Did Martin hop a fence or was he running and Zimm couldn't keep up?

This seems to suggest either way that Zimm wasn't following Martin he was stalking him. If he was following him casually, he wouldn't have lost him. He didn't just lose him on accident. Martin was put on alert for some reason, otherwise why would you care about someone walking behind you?

And stalking and harassment ARE crimes that don't actually involve physical touching. No one can draw a line in the sand saying what actually constitutes a "threat" because everyone is different(See bytches who throw a hissy fit about harassment if a guy so much as looks like he wants to holler at her. Which isn't the norm, but does happen). Who are you to say Trayvon was in in the wrong if he did throw the first punch, if Trayvon did indeed feel "threatened" by Zimmerman's presence?
                      Zimmerman shouldn't have been doing what he is doing simple as. I don't believe he initially had these kinds of intentions, but it is what is now.
                      LOL, msnbc for real?

They are by far the most biased left wing nuts in the media. If you can find a more reliable source I might read it.

I never said he was wrong just that it led to his death. Also, How did TM feel threteaned when he was the one that approached GZ?

Comment

Working...
                      X