Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The welterweight division is really weak right now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's really disappointing how underwhelming the guys who moved up from 140 are. That's why WW sucks so much. Hopefully the next batch of junior welterweights will prove better.

Seriously, if not for Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, and I'll throw Bradley in there as well, welterweight would be as bad as heavyweight.

Comment

I don't agree..But to each their own..

Comment

Originally posted by SweetScience View Post
        Don't remember being that weak in years...Floyd is the only legit guy. No one is a threat to him....
        Don't count your eggs too early, he might get laid out by Guerrero. He wants nothing to do with Bradley or Pac either.

Comment

I miss the WW div of 2007/2008 : prime Floyd, Cotto, Clottey, Williams, Margarito, Cintron, post-prime-but-still-good Mosley. They would massacre the current crop of WWs.
          Last edited by Light_Speed; 02-26-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Oh how we miss Paul Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              It's really disappointing how underwhelming the guys who moved up from 140 are. That's why WW sucks so much. Hopefully the next batch of junior welterweights will prove better.

Seriously, if not for Mayweather, Pacquiao, Marquez, and I'll throw Bradley in there as well, welterweight would be as bad as heavyweight.
              Problem is that the worst ones moved up, not the best. Devon after losing, Paulie after sucking, Ortiz after being mediocre at 140 and Maidana. JMM and Braldey have only fought Pac, so i dont really count them as "moving up" yet. Only guy who has been marginally successful is Guerrero after moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Problem is that the worst ones moved up, not the best. Devon after losing, Paulie after sucking, Ortiz after being mediocre at 140 and Maidana. JMM and Braldey have only fought Pac, so i dont really count them as "moving up" yet. Only guy who has been marginally successful is Guerrero after moving up.
                Bradley beat Pac(was at WW for some yrs now)and Abregu..Bradley is legit at WW..

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Bradley beat Pac(was at WW for some yrs now)and Abregu..Bradley is legit at WW..
                  Ehhhh he's hasnt really beaten anyone to call him "legit", especially when Bradley fought him....plus the pac fight was a robbery
                  Last edited by Russian Crushin; 02-26-2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Not much wrong with the WW division right now. if anything, the biggest problem is that the best aren't fighting the best. If it happens, it's not often enough to make note of.

Comment

It will be a weak division until somebody cleans it out. Imagine if you had a resume with wins over some combination of:

Bradley
                      Alexander
                      Brook
                      Zaveck
                      Abregu
                      Guerrero
                      Lopez
                      Maidana
                      Malignaggi
                      Ortiz

That would be a hell of a ****in resume. They just need to fight each other.

Plus you have a lot of solid fighters at 140 that will be moving up in a year or two and will enter the picture.

Comment

Working...
                      X