Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Criticism of Showtime: Bute vs Magee (and the 3-fight deal)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
    There's already a site for the Super 6 final? Good. I wanna see Ward leave Cali for once
    There isn't a site for it but it is in the contracts that it must be contested at a neutral location.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      There isn't a site for it but it is in the contracts that it must be contested at a neutral location.
      That's just as good. Despite all the flack the Super 6 has gotten, I think it's been great for Boxing. It's been a very compelling ride to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
        Why didn't they sign him to a 5 fight deal 1 year ago, or a 2 fight deal a month from now? It just seems arbitrary and we get nothing out of it. I see no interest in this fight and it's next weekend. I think this was a bad moves on Showtime's part. I'd rather they lock in the Super 6 finalists for an additional fight on the network than have Bute fighting no-namers for his first 2 fights.
        Showtime has probably burned their fingers on this 3-fight deal. First fight is Magee. Second fight will probably be mando Mendy. The only fight that potentially matches Bute with a live opponent is the final fight of the deal.

However that final fight will likely NOT be against the s6 winner as Mikkel Kessler is WBC emeritus champion and as such has a free crack at the WBC champion (=s6 winner) whenever he is ready. This means that Bute will have to get in line.

Comment

I'll put it to you this way, I'd rather watch the Bute-McGee and Edinson Mirand doubleheader on SHOWTIME than that ****ty Paul Williams/Adrien Broner twin bill HBO is planning.

Comment

Bute puts asses in seats so he deserves a lot of money for it.He is fighting tomato cans at home every fight which makes it feel that his money is undeserved ,but the fact is his fans come in droves,other boxers must drool over the numbers these canadian fighters are getiing.

Comment

Working...
            X