No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Not Sold on Golden Contract For Donaire-Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum Not Sold on Golden Contract For Donaire-Mares

Top Rank promoter Bob Arum has ripped the contract submitted by Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer, offering “Fighter of the Year” Nonito “The Filipino Flassh” Donaire $3 million dollars to fight WBC super bantamweight champion Abner Mares in June. The signed contract was sent to Arum’s lawyer David Marroso [Click Here To Read The Full Contract].

Arum told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard:

“Nonito knows –and he’s nice boy and realizes it – that because of HBO he has been able to fight four times on television last year and that enabled him to become ‘Fighter of the Year’. It would be the essence of disloyalty on his part and on my part if we allowed a fight with Nonito and Mares to be on Showtime.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Did arum say loyalty?

Comment

If Donaire ends up fighting Vick the Dick 2 I'm going to be livid with Arum, Doniare & Dunkin for fcuking us all over. Vic the Dick is the worst of the 3 opponents and if he gets served up, then shame on Nonito for not throwing his voice & weight around

Rigo is the fight, Mares is the next fight and Vic the Dick is a fight we've already seen and don't need to see again

Comment

Of course he isn't... He doesn't get all the money!
        Then again its time for Rigo to expose Donaire!

Comment

oh please boxing god, not darchinyan! I got this weird feeling he'll end up fighting vic! **** YOU ARUM!

Comment

Arum claims they offered GBP a reasonable offer but doesn't mention how much. If GBP put it out there that they offered TR 3M why isn't Arum disclosing the amount he offered GBP as well?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

If Arum already said he's fighting Rigo why does he have to make an announcement for it? Let's see if they go thru with this.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Sounds like excuses. Everything he said sounds like it could be fixed with negotiations.

Comment

Bob just retire already!

Comment

why is everyone going on about donaire fighting darchinyan?? everyone just calm the **** down...i'm pretty sure it's going to be rigo. the only reason i think they added darchinyan to the list is in case all else fails with both rigo and mares..it's understandable that the mares fight didn't come to fruition considering the gbp and top rank feud, but there is absolutely no excuse for donaire vs rigo not to be next. arum has recently given us chavez jr vs martinez, viloria vs hernan marquez, and mikey garcia vs salido...when it comes to in-house fights or fights with other promoters, arum delivers...so lets all calm down and wait until the end of the week when they make their announcement for donaire's next opponent.
                    Last edited by Bermuda; 01-30-2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X