Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I haven't done any exercise in three weeks.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't done any exercise in three weeks.

I am just getting over gastritis, 37 and this is the longest time that I have gone without some form of high intensity training.

When I go back out there should I start slow or just go back to the same intensity that I was training at before I was sick?

Throughout the three weeks that I was down, I smoked copious amounts of Marijuana.

opinions?

Keep up the good work! You are what you smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
      Keep up the good work! You are what you smoke!
      come on son, i was sick.

Comment

Dont go full throttle right away, Your body needs to acclimate. Im sure within 1-2 weeks your muscle memory will start to kick in and you'll be back to you're old self.

And yea, a little herb here & there is nothing. Heck this week is my rest week ( I usually train 4 weeks on and give myself 1 week rest and indulge in some good eats) & I plan to smoke too for some relaxation.

Good luck.

Comment

Don't go all out Tim. You're going to feel like **** and possibly get sick. I've seen people go back go all out because they're body felt good and then been out with fevers. Just go at a moderate but steady intensity and your body will go back to what it's used to

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
            come on son, i was sick.
            When you have the farts...you need to run it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
              I am just getting over gastritis, 37 and this is the longest time that I have gone without some form of high intensity training.

When I go back out there should I start slow or just go back to the same intensity that I was training at before I was sick?

Throughout the three weeks that I was down, I smoked copious amounts of Marijuana.

opinions?
              3 weeks is nothing...just ease into it the 1st week and by the end of the 2nd you should be better than you were before your break. I'm into the start of my 2nd week after a 2 month break...I was totally burned out. I thought it would be very difficult to get back into it especially because I'm no spring chicken...but by the end of the 1st week I realized I was feeling pretty good and it wouldn't take me more than another couple of weeks to shift gears and approach my stride. Just bought a home gym and it took me longer than I thought it would to find what i was looking for at a reasonable price...I refused to spend any more money on gym memberships. But yeah...3 weeks is nothing...you will be fine. What brought on the gastritis?
              Last edited by jaded; 11-19-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

walk it off tim

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
                  3 weeks is nothing...just ease into it the 1st week and by the end of the 2nd you should be better than you were before your break. I'm into the start of my 2nd week after a 2 month break...I was totally burned out. I thought it would be very difficult to get back into it especially because I'm no spring chicken...but by the end of the 1st week I realized I was feeling pretty good and it wouldn't take me more than another couple of weeks to shift gears and approach my stride. Just bought a home gym and it took me longer than I thought it would to find what i was looking for at a reasonable price...I refused to spend any more money on gym memberships. But yeah...3 weeks is nothing...you will be fine. What brought on the gastritis?
                  Thanks for the post, brougham. it was from over use of Nsaids. Advil, Motrin and namely diclofenac.

Comment

I'd try to start back a bit slower, but If you are anything like me I find it difficult to excersize without putting In a 100%, just doesnt feel right If I dont push myself but I know I shouldnt do it all the time.
                    Last edited by rampant; 11-20-2012, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X