No announcement yet.

Official: Joseph Agbeko vs. Abner Mares RbR Discussion + Undercards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    Agbeko should've went to the body more though.

Seemed like he kept winging that wild left hook that missed by miles when he could've dug in a little more.
    Agbeko wasn't doing himself any favors throwing wild hooks. When they have a rematch, that should be on his to-do list: throw more straight rights, throw less left hooks

Comment

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
      you are a peace of human PIG **** if you would have done the same.

I would label you a f@gget with **** heart if you have to resort to cheating.

mares looks like he has a thong stuck up his crack.

a qeer looking cheat.
      I have a lot of respect for this comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by americanbot View Post
        you are a peace of human PIG **** if you would have done the same.

I would label you a f@gget with **** heart if you have to resort to cheating.

mares looks like he has a thong stuck up his crack.

a qeer looking cheat.
        Well you are not the one in there getting hit and trying to make a name for himself in the sport with a big win, Mares was....but you are just the American version of SteelHammer on here so I will cease any further discussion with a troll like yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogs! View Post
          not entirely true tunney.

tonight they were saying that "some ppl thought mares' punches were low" and described the fight darchinyan as controversial at least as far as some ppl were concerned.

in tonight's fight they were all unanimous in condemning the awful ref job and rightfully so.
          No, what I'm saying is DURING THAT FIGHT Al Bernstein was rooting for Mares in the fight with Darchinyan, and so didn't make much about the low blows at the time.

But tonight, he was rooting for Agbeko, so he never shut up about the low blows during the entire fight, and tonight Bernstein suddenly changed his opinion on the low blows in the Darchinyan fight.

Al Bernstein is the slimiest commentator in boxing - he always has the same predictable biases.

During Andre Ward's fights, Bernstein NEVER gets upset about Ward's constant fouling and the crooked referees ignoring it while getting in the other fighter's face for the slightest reason.

Comment

• AlfonsoSGomez Alfonso S Gomez
            referee bought by golden boy in the mares/agbeko fight..i gotta KO Canelo and even then it be a draw..DAMN!!! #boxing #boxeo

Comment

• AlfonsoSGomez Alfonso S Gomez
              referee bought by golden boy in the mares/agbeko fight..i gotta KO Canelo and even then it be a draw..DAMN!!! #boxing #boxeo

Comment

• Originally posted by Heeb View Post
                Not saying he's honest. He was dirty as hell and this win is tainted. I was pissed off watching it. I just can't blame a kid for doing what he had to do in his first world title fight. The ref should have DQ'd him for throwing that many lowblows, but he didn't so **** the ref. And the "I never went low" comment was ridiculous for sure.
                I can understand taking an avenue left open to you by the ref but he could have at least admitted that "maybe a few of the punches were possibly a bit low" wink, wink. Especially considering they had just reviewed a bit of tape that showed him throwing a really low punch but no, he says he was professional all the way. He was partly to blame, not trying to acknowledge any culpability at all is a big character flaw IMO.

Comment

• I hope Mares has a career ending injury in his next fight and he gets gang raped in prison when he beats up his wife. (small man complex)

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                    No, what I'm saying is DURING THAT FIGHT Al Bernstein was rooting for Mares in the fight with Darchinyan, and so didn't make much about the low blows at the time.

But tonight, he was rooting for Agbeko, so he never shut up about the low blows during the entire fight, and tonight Bernstein suddenly changed his opinion on the low blows in the Darchinyan fight.

Al Bernstein is the slimiest commentator in boxing - he always has the same predictable biases.

During Andre Ward's fights, Bernstein NEVER gets upset about Ward's constant fouling and the crooked referees ignoring it while getting in the other fighter's face for the slightest reason.
                    i think i get what you're saying.

but in tonight's fight the ref was 'missing' a ton of low blows without even a warning much less a point deduction which escalated the negative comments from the panel, including bernstein.

mares, in the darch fight was repeatedly warned and deducted a point so the uproar was not as pronounced.

not saying your take on al isn't accurate, i'm just giving my take on these 2 fights in particular.

Comment

Working...
                    X