Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is everyone pushing so hard for Segura/Calderon?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone pushing so hard for Segura/Calderon?

I mean as if this most likely won't turn out to be like all of Ivan's other fights where come forward brawlers realize after about 3 rounds or so that if they don't chin check Calderon they are taking an L so they follow him around, load up on big shots that Ivan dips out of the way of, then smacks his opponent with counters shots, moves away, and this pattern repeats for 12 rounds.

Segura is just another one of these come forward brawlers who has about the same punchers chance as Ivan's opponent this past Saturday, nothing special here I don't think.

I at 1st too was really interested in this but then really thought about it reasonably and if I somehow am unable to see this fight when it happens, I could just watch some old Calderon fight and discuss what happened in that after El Professor is done giving another lesson to his new student Segura.

because there the top two fighters in there division.....

Comment

yea but after calderon beat Segura. People will say he was not a top fighter.

Comment

Because they are the best 2 fighters in the division.
        Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 06-17-2010, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Who would you rather him fight?

I think Casimero might upset him though right style, great counter right hand. Calderon is still the favourite though.

Comment

Segura might be what left at a very distant #2 from Calderon but I don't see anything at all in him that some of Calderon's other opponents had which is just a slim chance of hitting him with a big shot and stopping him.

Right now it seems to me he has virtually no serious competition at 108.

I am not saying he shouldn't fight him but plenty of ppl talk like this is THEE fight at 108.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              Segura might be what left at a very distant #2 from Calderon but I don't see anything at all in him that some of Calderon's other opponents had which is just a slim chance of hitting him with a big shot and stopping him.

I am not saying he shouldn't fight him but plenty of ppl talk like this is THEE fight at 108.
              Well what is THE number 1 fight at 108?

If Calderon is the no. 1 and Segura is a (distant) number 2 it still makes it THE fight.

Comment

Its still 1 vs. 2 and its the only fight that matters at that weight class. So actually it is THEE fight at 108.

Comment

I mean as if this most likely won't turn out to be like all of Ivan's other fights where come forward brawlers realize after about 3 rounds or so that if they don't chin check Calderon they are taking an L so they follow him around, load up on big shots that Ivan dips out of the way of, then smacks his opponent with counters shots, moves away, and this pattern repeats for 12 rounds.

Segura is just another one of these come forward brawlers who has about the same punchers chance as Ivan's opponent this past Saturday, nothing special here I don't think.

I at 1st too was really interested in this but then really thought about it reasonably and if I somehow am unable to see this fight when it happens, I could just watch some old Calderon fight and discuss what happened in that after El Professor is done giving another lesson to his new student Segura.
                  Why be blind to the possibility of Calderon hurting his knee and be a sitting duck, like what happened to Foreman?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                    Well what is THE number 1 fight at 108?

If Calderon is the no. 1 and Segura is a (distant) number 2 it still makes it THE fight.
                    Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                    Its still 1 vs. 2 and its the only fight that matters at that weight class. So actually it is THEE fight at 108.

Its the 1 fight......... I guess, but nothing worth getting excited about really.

Comment

Working...
                    X